Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

To say that McSorley didn't mean to hit Brash where he did is just insane. He went after him with one purpose, and that was to hit him in some way or form. He chose the stick to the head method, and it ended up being ugly. Just because this was a heat-of-the-moment thing, doesn't excuse the fact that he might have not necessarily meant to INJURE him on any other normal basis.

It's unfortunate the collision ended up leaving Hartnell unscathed and Cheechoo done for the season with a banged up knee. But get over it. This wasn't an intentional knee-on-knee.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are ruining this thread. All those arguing about the kneeing might as well be talking to a wall.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft, ldo
Old 04-13-2007, 01:50 AM

Does anybody else sandbag the regular season as much as Jagr?

I forgot how good he can be when he gives at least a B+ effort.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:53 AM

Hey Sabres fans, it was a great game. I'm just a little upset that our fans didn't understand what a white out is. It pissed me off that maybe a 1/4 of our fans put the free white tshirts on. I wanted to yell at my section "Put your f'n white shirts on". It didn't seem like the usual crowd. It seemed like a bunch of bandwagon jumpers. Maybe next time I'll save some money and stand outside with the real fans and watch it on the jumbotron.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To say that McSorley didn't mean to hit Brash where he did is just insane. He went after him with one purpose, and that was to hit him in some way or form. He chose the stick to the head method, and it ended up being ugly. Just because this was a heat-of-the-moment thing, doesn't excuse the fact that he might have not necessarily meant to INJURE him on any other normal basis.

It's unfortunate the collision ended up leaving Hartnell unscathed and Cheechoo done for the season with a banged up knee. But get over it. This wasn't an intentional knee-on-knee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hartnell isn't excused for a "heat-of-the-moment" choice to stick out his leg. What don't you understand that you are RESPONSIBLE for your BODY and STICK?

I'm NOT sticking up for McSorely. He's an idiot and I hate him as a player and an announcer. However, saying it's OK for a player to go around without control of their body, but holding someone responsible for their stick is retarded. You are responsible for both in the NHL.

It doesn't matter if it's [censored] INTENTIONAL OR NOT! McSorely didn't INTEND on hitting Brashear in the face! I'm sure as hell Bertuzzi didn't intend on breaking Moore's neck. Yes, those were both dirty actions before the result, but SO IS STICKING OUT YOUR LEG. THAT'S WHY IT'S A PENALTY. NHL players are GREAT SKATERS. This thing didn't happen randomly. AND THERE'S NO WAY ANY OF YOU CAN SIT HERE AND SAY FOR CERTAIN "I'm going after his knee" IS NOT WHAT HE WAS THINKING AT THE TIME. None of you are [censored] Hartnell.

1) Late hit 2) Elbow 3) Knee-to-knee 4) Huge injury
Hmmm... whether it was intentional or not, NO ONE WILL KNOW. Those 4 things we DO KNOW though.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:41 AM

Okay, congratulations, through the use of excessive capitalization, you've made the case that he deserved penalization. A 5 minute major and a game misconduct is plenty for this. Now get over it.

EDIT: [ QUOTE ]
Tell me how it's unintentional, please.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-13-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, congratulations, through the use of excessive capitalization, you've made the case that he deserved penalization. A 5 minute major and a game misconduct is plenty for this. Now get over it and please let the Sharks beat the Predators and play the Ducks Cheechooless in the next round

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 04-13-2007, 09:56 AM

Denis Potvin asked me to let you know that, irrespective of whether the hit was intentional or not, you are free to serenade the Predators with "Hartnell sucks" for the next 30 or so years.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:07 AM

To me, the referees got this absolutely 100% right.

The player did stick out his knee, and caught the other player with it - this results in a penalty being called. The rule book states that "if injury occurs" the penalty assessed is to be a major.

There was no 'intent to injure' in this case, which would have received a match penalty. There was intent to use his knee to stop him, and that's why he was penalized. It's unfortunate for Sharks fans, but sometimes these things happen in hockey.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:35 AM

Sabres with a very workman like victory last night. Clamped down defensively and pounced on their opportunities.

DiPietro is trying to practice today and I wouldn't doubt him getting the nod tomorrow night. Not that it really matters much. The Isles may just open up a bit and wind up getting beat 6-2 instead of 4-1.