Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Min raise, PUSH, or Fold?
Fold 1 11.11%
PUSH 6 66.67%
Min raise 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Who are the 3 best players to be on HSP?

brian, patrik and ivey, and it's not even close...

no one else on that show is in the same league as these 3 when it comes to NLHE cash.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
brian, patrik and ivey, and it's not even close...

no one else on that show is in the same league as these 3 when it comes to NLHE cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I just don't get this at all. If someone could direct me to something I could watch/read/look at that would justify the fawning that PA gets on this site, I'd appreciate it. He has shown absolutely nothing to deserve the level of rock star worship he gets here.

And sure, sbrugby is a fine player, but what has he done on HSP that suggests he's something overly special?

Full disclosure: I voted Doyle, Ivey and Wasicka...
Old 04-11-2007, 02:03 PM

Doyle was the king, PA and Ivey end somewhere in the same league as Ramdin & Co.

Dan Harmetz was even better.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:08 PM

I really can't understand how PA has the most votes. I have nothing against him, but come on... he's hetero, guys.

How many hands did he even play? What was his win %, and more importantly, what superstar plays did he make? What makes him so special?
Old 04-11-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, I just don't get this at all. If someone could direct me to something I could watch/read/look at that would justify the fawning that PA gets on this site, I'd appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 04-11-2007, 02:42 PM

You guys are so funny (read pathetic) with your constant fawning (read sucking a$$) over Brian. I know he's a member here and we all have to support 2+2ers but jeez, could some of you at least be a little bit honest in these polls and posts? Up against the rest of the players listed in this poll Brian would not be a good choice to make the most money in a cash game. Up against other players then sure but that's not what this poll asked.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are so funny (read pathetic) with your constant fawning (read sucking a$$) over Brian. I know he's a member here and we all have to support 2+2ers but jeez, could some of you at least be a little bit honest in these polls and posts? Up against the rest of the players listed in this poll Brian would not be a good choice to make the most money in a cash game. Up against other players then sure but that's not what this poll asked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?
Are you leveling?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:17 PM

How Barry places fifth I don't understand... except that people don't know much about the poker world. Last I knew he was still the biggest winner in the biggest game in the world.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:26 PM

From what we saw this season, I was most impressed by Paul Wasicka, Brian Townsend, and Antonio Esfandiari (Yukon deserves at least an honorable mention, though he was in very few hands). Are they the three best players? Probably not, but from what we were shown, I was most impressed with their plays overall... I've probably been more impressed over all three seasons by Antonio than any other player.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How Barry places fifth I don't understand... except that people don't know much about the poker world. Last I knew he was still the biggest winner in the biggest game in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fwiw, this poll isn't about the biggest game in the world (which is a mixed limit game with capped NL holdem), while HSP is NLH.