Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 05:43 AM

Default Re: sbrugby

Play chips obv.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:13 AM

I don't see why everyone gets a boner that Phil's won 10 bracelets when he plays every single no limit event every year for the last like 16 years, and a lot of those were against smaller fields. Compare Ivey's results over a much shorter timespan + his cash game results and the answer is clear imo.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is Helmuth? even part of this discussion?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-06-2007, 07:04 AM

here are the facts:

he is a great NL player (online poker obv.) he can probably crush alot of very good LIVE players online, and im sure he has.

he is at best an amateur live player with alot of $$, yet his success in online play tells his ego that he is just as good if not better then live players. which is incorrect imo, he plays bad in HSP and gives away alot of tells, just look at how he covers his mouth every hand, its like he is playing poker for the first time. but im not hating on the dude, he will learn, he has the money and is obv. smart and talented young guy. just as for now, he is probably considered a fish in the game to the other players. as in other circumstances the great live players may be considered fish in an online environment.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:30 AM

wtf is going on in this thread?
Old 04-06-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he is a great NL player (online poker obv.) he plays bad in HSP and gives away alot of tells, just look at how he covers his mouth every hand

[/ QUOTE ]I never like to pipe in on NVG threads, but this is pretty funny. Yeah man, he covers his mouth every hand he's in. Every hand. Nice tell. Lots of hate in this thread. Lots of retards.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
here are the facts:

he is a great NL player (online poker obv.) he can probably crush alot of very good LIVE players online, and im sure he has.

he is at best an amateur live player with alot of $$, yet his success in online play tells his ego that he is just as good if not better then live players. which is incorrect imo, he plays bad in HSP and gives away alot of tells, just look at how he covers his mouth every hand, its like he is playing poker for the first time. but im not hating on the dude, he will learn, he has the money and is obv. smart and talented young guy. just as for now, he is probably considered a fish in the game to the other players. as in other circumstances the great live players may be considered fish in an online environment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really love this tells were someone does it every hand, ohh wait...
Old 04-06-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he is a great NL player (online poker obv.) he plays bad in HSP and gives away alot of tells, just look at how he covers his mouth every hand

[/ QUOTE ]I never like to pipe in on NVG threads, but this is pretty funny. Yeah man, he covers his mouth every hand he's in. Every hand. Nice tell. Lots of hate in this thread. Lots of retards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its bad because he could do so in a less exploitable way. Despite this being unexploitable, I think by putting his hand on his mouth x% of the time regardless of his hand would be more correct/less of a tell/trick opponents into thinking they have spotted a tell.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
here are the facts:

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

Oh wait.. were you serious?

Brian is not a fish at NLHE live or online. Please name me a player who has no edge vs Brian online but who you THINK would suddenly have a huge edge vs Brian live - and I think Brian would happily play such a person for a huge sum of money.

I hope you say Hellmuth, because with posts like yours, that's probably who you mean. Cuz he can read your soul, yo!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its bad because he could do so in a less exploitable way. Despite this being unexploitable, I think by putting his hand on his mouth x% of the time regardless of his hand would be more correct/less of a tell/trick opponents into thinking they have spotted a tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's playing w/ alot of players who have been playing live for 10+ years...he is giving off tells here. he just needs to work on getting more comfortable at live poker and he will be fine.