Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 01:44 AM

Default What happens to funds when US customers are banned

When a poker room closes to US customers what happens if you still have a account with them?
Old 01-23-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Closed To US Customers

[censored] YOU
Old 01-23-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] YOU

[/ QUOTE ]

?
Old 01-23-2007, 01:58 AM

He doesn't like the title. I wouldn't worry about it. He's a jerk in many threads. If you can still edit the post, I would change the title to "What happens to funds when US customers are banned" or something like that.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:19 AM

Let me expand. If I have a account in a poker room and they stop taking us customers will i still be able to play there? Also if I get a bank account in a different country will I be able to play on poker sites since my ip would still be from the US?
Old 01-23-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When a poker room closes to US customers what happens if you still have a account with them?

[/ QUOTE ]
The details vary by site. Sometimes you can keep your account but cannot play for real money. This allows you to play in the play money games, observe tables, read articles, get the newsletter, etc. When you want your money back you cash out in the usual manner.

Other times the account is closed outright. Then they pick a method and throw your money at you. Maybe they give it to Neteller (not anymore of course) or mail you a check.

A few sites have given a few weeks grace period in which you can still play but not deposit.

If something is wrong with the site you could lose your money. By "wrong" I mean insolvent or run by criminals. If the owners are inclined to steal this would be a good time. If they simply don't have the money then they may no longer be able to hide that fact. Betcorp and Jet Set Poker are the two recent examples where there has been trouble. Bodog bought Betcorp out and made good on accounts. Jet Set players are mostly still stuck I think. Search if you want more details.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:40 AM

Ya I know all about getting shafted on money. I was part of the BetOnSports site when it got nailed earlier this year. Still waiting for a payout I think I will be waiting forever. I guess I am wondering if I get a bank account in another country but play from a US ip will the poker sites care?
Old 01-23-2007, 03:52 AM

so can we expect prima to make good on accounts if they shut out us players?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:05 AM

The poker sites use them to throw a huge party, your welcome to come but have to pay own expenses to get there.
On a serious note this is the 12035 this has been asked, I believe your funds would be safe
Old 01-23-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so can we expect prima to make good on accounts if they shut out us players?

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely not. Prima (now called Microgaming) is just the network operator and they are not going to lift a finger when one of their skins defaults. Look at the Betcorp (Betholdem/123Poker) debacle if you have any doubt.