Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Trying new things.. Results not great.. Continue?

Background info: I've been playing shorthanded 25NL since March 1. My bankroll is ~$1,500. I play at Everest, Party, and Stars. My style is table dependent. Usually pretty TAG at Everest since everyone sucks.

The past two weeks I've occasionally been adding a second table to my cash game sessions. I decided to do this because my hands have kind of "dried up" as of late. When I have a second table going, I'm less prone to boredom and I don't make dumb moves/plays because of that.

Since I've added the second table, I've continued to run bad and lose a hefty bunch of chips (down two buy-ins for July [I know that isn't a lot but I haven't had a losing month yet.]). A lot of my money has been lost due to bad luck. Granted, there have been times where I've stuck money in drawing extremely slim, but I've seen more two, three and four outers this month than ever before.

I don't know if I should go back to one table or continue to play two. If I were playing one, I could pay more attention to every hand I play and analyze my decisions a little better. This way I'd be able to spot some leaks that I probably have.

I took a shot at 50NL last night and I didn't play very well. I was passive, I called too much, and I generally sucked. I quit after I lost $20. I'm not sure if I'm making those mistakes at 25NL as well.

Thanks.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Trying new things.. Results not great.. Continue?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I should go back to one table or continue to play two. If I were playing one, I could pay more attention to every hand I play and analyze my decisions a little better. This way I'd be able to spot some leaks that I probably have.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly correct. Drop back to one table...and work on not chasing thin draws.