Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Live 1/2 NL Deep stacks OTB against known player

Been playing a couple of hours already and only involved in a couple of pots. I showed down a strong hand.

Villain, I have played with before and he knows that I play strong hands. I have got him to lay down AQo on flopped Ace board when I too had AQo. He figured me for AK. This was several months ago. He does have the ability to lay down TPTK hands. He does know who I am.

1/2 NL Live. Stack sizes are as follows:

Villain had ~ $375

Funny guy (in CO, He calls preflop with dominated hands and calls with top pair weak kickers on the flop and into the river.) ~ $150-200

Hero ~ $370

Villain raises to $15, Funny guy calls, I am OTB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Do I call? I was thinking okay, SPR is ~350/45 = around 8.

BB or SB calls. Uggg did not think this guy would, he is short stacked. POT = $60.

Flop is K68 with two [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. (The King is one spade, cant remember the other spade)

Villain bets $45, Funny guy calls $45. Pot is $150. I call?? Well I did with 3 to 1.

Turn is 8. Villain bets $50, funny guy folds. Pot is $200 – I call.

POT = $250. River is a Q.

Villain checks to me. I think about it and was thinking, easy push, he has to have AK. I have no balls and I check. He turns over AK and said "I thought you had AK thats why I checked." Should I have pushed?

Is this where we are dealing with "almost" medium SPR's and the possibility of stealing?

I guess the call preflop was a little loose?

Comments please.

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:50 AM

Default Re: Live 1/2 NL Deep stacks OTB against known player

I think your hand looks like exactly what it is from the way the action went. So if youre saying the villain is somewhat intelligent, he could put you on a missed draw here. I mean honestly, what other hands would you play like this besides a draw? I think the check is correct because youre probably getting called if you shove.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:37 PM

I think you should have folded preflop. I didn't think 8 was a good SPR for weak suited As. You want to be deeper relative to the pot to maximize your implied odds and minimize your initial investment.

I agree w/ Pro that you're probably getting called by AK here. You played your hand just like a draw, not like anything that beats AK at all. All he really has to worry about is KQ.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:42 PM

definitely fold preflop, if his raise was like 3 or 4x bb u could call or if u were much deeper... as played raise the flop for value.. Id go 50 funny guy will fold Kx hands plenty here or call with worse draws and the pfr has nothing or PPs below K alot, once u dont Id consider doing somethin drastic on the turn to drop out Kx tho id like to know he ll ditch TPTK occasonally vs this line (atleast its conceivable? seems like it with ur read) ... tho I may think the better of it and just call at that point depends..

on the river u dont have 8x 66 KK or AA based on the way uve played it and I doubt u can sell him that u have KQ with a shove, since he ck'd he ll want to call with TPTK... ck behind and hope hes got a worse missed draw (which is most of what 2nd barrels the turn into 2 people and then ck folds the river vs ur shove anyways... underpairs/ AQ probably ck fold the turn after being called in two spots or even one tbh)...
Old 08-17-2007, 08:39 PM

If you ruled out raising big on the flop because you thought you had no fold equity, then doesn't that prove you had insufficient SPR to call PF in the first place?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:22 PM

Hi Wada,

you need good steal equity to make that call preflop. very hard to believe you had that given your descriptions.

good call on flop with calling station in the middle. turn it's debatable whether you should have raised whatever amount looked most convincing. up to you. river again player dependent.