Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 02:23 AM

Default tdarko\'s log

Ok Kyle I guess I will do this.

Height: 6'3
Weight: 190 (Offseason weight in the past was anywhere from 195-205 so I am lighter now)

Mon: AM- Throw, Weights, 4 miles (7:30-7:45 pace)
Afternoon- Cycle 30 minutes

Tues: AM- Throw, 5 mile easy hill run (8:00 pace)

Wed: AM- Throw, Weights, Sprints
Afternoon- Cycle 30 minutes

Thurs: AM- 4 miles: 1 mile repeats @ 6:45-7:00 pace or hill run @ 7:30 pace
PM- Bullpen (in April bullpens move to Tuesday/Saturday)

Fri: AM- Throw, Weights, Cycle 30 minutes

Sat: AM- Throw, 8 miles (7:45-8:00 pace)

Sun: Throw sometime during the day.

Next week won't be any different other than the running will be 4,5,4,9.

As far as eating goes I eat well, but I don't calorie count. I don't need to though b/c I don't and haven't ever really had any eating problems and have really good discipline, my snack foods are raisins, cinnamon apple rice cakes, almonds, fruits, vegetables and I snack a lot.

Supplements: Advocare I have been taking this for a very long time and nobody can convince me not to.

I prefer powerbars and clif bars.

My goals are to compete in Triathlons when I get back from baseball though I do realize that much of my conditioning will be tapered b/c of the season. Depending on a few certain things I may run the White Rock Marathon in December but if I am doing well in Triathlons then I may not but then again if I am not able to do all three b/c of time then the marathon will be a great substitute. I have a lot of friends that run that race so it would be nice to do it with them.

I used to stay away from high mileage conditioning before leaving for the season b/c I didn't want to lose weight but I have noticed that since I have poured on the miles my appetite has become larger and larger and I have only lost 5 pounds but I have reshaped my body, not that it was bad before, it is just leaner now and very flexible, not as bulky and I feel the difference when I throw.

One of better investments was this Polar s725X. Perfect heart rate monitor for cycling and running. It does basically anything you want, you can program it to your phone, dl it to your computer, test for your VO2 max...Polar has a monitor for whatever fits you but this was worth the money.

To the 2p2 Nike group guys: I had to bag that censor, that thing is basically worthless. No matter my pace it will always say anywhere fom 10:30 to 12:00 a mile b/c it simply doesn't pick up all of my foot strikes and I have tried everything. A friend of mine who is running the Big D marathon on April 1st had the same problem with his. I use my heart rate monitor to check my split times etc. and life has been a lot easier since, the only difference is that I just write down my miles now.

I guess I will update and fill in when I have some pain which I do b/c I overpronate like a bitch and so have developed some achilles tendonitis (mild). I saw my foot doc last wed and was re-fitted for some new orthotics which I should have by the end of this week or beginning of next, this will eliminate my terrible overpronating and heal me up. I guess this is where I will update changes or goals that I obtain.