Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Lance Briggs to the Patriots?

So what's Briggs issue with Chicago? It's because he wants a long term deal right? Same as Samuel for the Patriots, but Briggs is a 26 year old all pro linebacker whereas despite the gaudy INT statistics, Samuel is not nearly as highly regarded.

Patriots seem to be going for it all this year, would the 49ers first round pick in 2008 be in the right ballpark? I'm not sure I'd add more than the Patriots 2008 third rounder? I don't follow the Bears, what's their cornerback situation? Would they be interested in a Samuel for Briggs deal where they also include one of their cornerbacks? And maybe the Patriots include one of their aging linebackers if the Bears are interested?

Maybe Belichick is spoiling me, but this seems like the sort of coup he had could pull off.

BTW, to ballpark Briggs trade value, a rumored trade was the Redskins 6th overall pick for Briggs and their 31st overall pick in this year's draft. The 49ers seem like a likely 5-15 pick next year, though I don't follow them so I don't know what to expect.

Also, the Patriots didn't take much of a hit to cap room with Merriweather or Moss, they have enough to sign a guy like Briggs or Samuel, does anyone know if they have enough to sign both?
Old 04-30-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Lance Briggs to the Patriots?

i'd be very surprised to see the niners get a single-digit pick next year, i'd say 11-20 is more in line with it

any sources on this rumor? if we got briggs i'd crap my pants
Old 04-30-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So what's Briggs issue with Chicago? It's because he wants a long term deal right? Same as Samuel for the Patriots, but Briggs is a 26 year old all pro linebacker whereas despite the gaudy INT statistics, Samuel is not nearly as highly regarded.

Patriots seem to be going for it all this year, would the 49ers first round pick in 2008 be in the right ballpark? I'm not sure I'd add more than the Patriots 2008 third rounder? I don't follow the Bears, what's their cornerback situation? Would they be interested in a Samuel for Briggs deal where they also include one of their cornerbacks? And maybe the Patriots include one of their aging linebackers if the Bears are interested?

Maybe Belichick is spoiling me, but this seems like the sort of coup he had could pull off.

BTW, to ballpark Briggs trade value, a rumored trade was the Redskins 6th overall pick for Briggs and their 31st overall pick in this year's draft. The 49ers seem like a likely 5-15 pick next year, though I don't follow them so I don't know what to expect.

Also, the Patriots didn't take much of a hit to cap room with Merriweather or Moss, they have enough to sign a guy like Briggs or Samuel, does anyone know if they have enough to sign both?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that'd be enough. I think Briggs is a good player but not sure how good. I'm pretty sure the previous former OLBs that have come off the Bears haven't been nearly as dominant. Disgruntled players are not worth that much on the trade market. That's why TO, Jackson, Moss, etc have been moved for almost nothing the last couple of seasons.

9ers pick should be greater than 11 barring injuries. I don't think it matters that much. A first round pick should be way more than enough to get Briggs. Honestly, I wouldn't give it for him. I think he's overrated.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd be very surprised to see the niners get a single-digit pick next year, i'd say 11-20 is more in line with it

[/ QUOTE ]

Could we petition to trade the NFC West the Bills for the 49ers?
Old 04-30-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i think you'd probably have to throw in the dolphins though
Old 04-30-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pats are on another level than the 9ers but the 9ers are up and coming. They are probally 1 more offseason away from competing in the weaker NFC. They had a spectacular offseason. I still want to see improvement at the D-Line, Safeties but I'm very happen, atleast on paper, with our O-line, QB, RB, WRs, TE, CBs, and LBs and Ks.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:34 AM

9ers = playoffs this year imo
Old 04-30-2007, 01:53 AM

this is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.
Samuel >>>>>>>>>> Briggs.

Its not even remotely close.

Chicago would make a straight up deal in a heartbeat.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Chicago would make a straight up deal in a heartbeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very wrong.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr.. no.