Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Bodog Warning

[ QUOTE ]
3. It was heavily implied that further argument (and I argued rather vociferously) would result in the confiscation of all the funds in the account (as opposed to the refund of the deposited funds and the confiscation of the money won and bonus money cleared). Those implications are completely inappropriate as confiscation of funds while certainyl within their rights to do if we are in violation of the T&C should not be a punitive measure for arguing with a Bodog decision (regardless of the decision itself).

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you cashed out before posting here.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:10 PM

If this is true you should post at the EOG as well. http://www.eog.com

I would also contact their mods. They have solved these types of disputes for their members before in the past.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NLSoldier,

That sucks. I am actually curious about your strategy though. Why did you bet on elections the way you did? How did you pick what to bet on?

Also, what exactly are they claiming that you did? Were you guys betting on opposite sides of the election, so that in theory you could have been pooling your money in order to split it up after cashout? If not, I don't understand what they are accusing you of.

Thanks,
gm

[/ QUOTE ]

Strategy was simply to bet on as many of the biggest favorites as possible because the lines are apperently skewed toward the favorites b/c they know ppl will still be dumb enough to bet on the underdogs and then they make the $50 max win rule so that they dont get killed by people betting on favorites.

For example: If you bet on hilary clinton to win the senate seat in NY you had to bet something like 500 to win 50. But in reality she was pretty much a mortal lock and it should have been more like 5000 to win 50.

They are claiming that we were a team whose purpose was to take advantage of these bad lines by setting up mulitple accounts and betting on all the same elections.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you just bet on all the biggest favorites??
Did any of your approx. 20 bets LOSE? Seems like there should have been enough "sure things" to avoid losing any of them!!?

Easiest 3K profit you'll ever make; how does Bodog even offer bets like this. Even at 5000 : 50, picking Hillary in NY, or the republican in any number of Southern States is free money.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3. It was heavily implied that further argument (and I argued rather vociferously) would result in the confiscation of all the funds in the account (as opposed to the refund of the deposited funds and the confiscation of the money won and bonus money cleared). Those implications are completely inappropriate as confiscation of funds while certainyl within their rights to do if we are in violation of the T&C should not be a punitive measure for arguing with a Bodog decision (regardless of the decision itself).

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you cashed out before posting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea we didnt really have a choice. They closed our accounts and sent our original 20k to neteller.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NLSoldier,

That sucks. I am actually curious about your strategy though. Why did you bet on elections the way you did? How did you pick what to bet on?

Also, what exactly are they claiming that you did? Were you guys betting on opposite sides of the election, so that in theory you could have been pooling your money in order to split it up after cashout? If not, I don't understand what they are accusing you of.

Thanks,
gm

[/ QUOTE ]

Strategy was simply to bet on as many of the biggest favorites as possible because the lines are apperently skewed toward the favorites b/c they know ppl will still be dumb enough to bet on the underdogs and then they make the $50 max win rule so that they dont get killed by people betting on favorites.

For example: If you bet on hilary clinton to win the senate seat in NY you had to bet something like 500 to win 50. But in reality she was pretty much a mortal lock and it should have been more like 5000 to win 50.

They are claiming that we were a team whose purpose was to take advantage of these bad lines by setting up mulitple accounts and betting on all the same elections.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you just bet on all the biggest favorites??
Did any of your approx. 20 bets LOSE? Seems like there should have been enough "sure things" to avoid losing any of them!!?

Easiest 3K profit you'll ever make; how does Bodog even offer bets like this. Even at 5000 : 50, picking Hillary in NY, or the republican in any number of Southern States is free money.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, none of them lost. It was definately an easy 3k profit. It seems to me that the whole reason they are feeding us this syndicate BS is because they got pissed when they realized how easy it was.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No, none of them lost. It was definately an easy 3k profit. It seems to me that the whole reason they are feeding us this syndicate BS is because they got pissed when they realized how easy it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you guys login from the same IP? How did they connect your accounts?

Also, any other good upcoming sportsbets to make? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2006, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
weird. Ive played on bodog for about 1.5-2 years now and have never ever had a single problem with them. I get most of my cashouts within an hour, and their customer service has been pretty damn good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-20-2006, 07:00 PM

wow,thats really shady.

I've been giving bodog some play in the party aftermath, but not after reading this post. I will be cashing out the entire sum I have there, and won't be returning.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:27 PM

Thank you for the 'heads up'

I think all Poker players need a united front and support our fellow poker players by withdrawing funds (if Bodog allows it)and never playing on sites where shady practises occur.

The Bodog Boycott!
Old 11-20-2006, 07:36 PM

I would suspect that the thread in the 2+2 sports betting forum on this didn't help you much either as that thread lead to these lines getting hit by many others all at the same time. Plus, it sounded like a few others opened accounts at Bodog just to hit these lines.

To Bodog, this has to look like an organized attempt to pound their soft lines. In a way, that is what it was. The only diffence between this and a syndicate is that the syndicate pools its money. The rub is that there is no way for Bodog to know is the money is pooled or not.