Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 02:56 AM

Default Difficult decision...

which of the pocket pairs is the luckiest?

way back in the day it was 6's but now 8's and 9's are feeling super lucky 3's are also ridiculously lucky.

Anyone got any good anecdotal evidence? I have no idea (Also AA-TT are all super unlucky obviously)
Old 05-14-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Difficult decision...

Definitely not 7s, they are the pocket pair I have been set oversetted with more than any other pair.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:54 AM

what are ur thoughts on flush theory

it is my belief that hearts get u the most two card ace high flushes (usually with the jack). clubs are good for kign high and queen high flushes. diamonds are the only ones that can get u straight flushes. spades only get u a flush when its like 86 of spades
Old 05-14-2007, 04:05 AM

A couple years ago I was stuck like $200 in a 3/6 live game and back then $200 was an actual amount of dollars that meant something. Some retard sucks out on my AA with like Jh8h after like A93 flop with 1 heart and he backdoor flushes me and on the river he says "I had the hearts" and my friend that was also stuck says "yeah, it's always a little better with hearts".

Maybe like a month or so ago in a 20 game I had a hand with AA where flop is Ah9x8x and I'm up against Kh9h and we go infinite mcbets on the turn and then he raises river after backdoor and hearts win it again.

So since these I am fairly sure that hearts are much stronger than any other suit.

*edit*
I just remembered another hand where hearts showed their true strength. 20 game with overs, laggy player opens I 3bet Ah7h and different laggy guy caps from blinds. Flop is like 7 high with two hearts. We cap 3 ways with overs, turn blank and I take free card. River is heart no board pair and first guy bets, one calls, I raise, blind lag calls and other folds. He has KhJh and I win. I'm not sure if that means hearts are good or bad since he lost a giant pot with them, but I won a big one. If anything it proves how good they are at making flushes because we had extra dead hearts and we still got there.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:11 AM

44 and TT are the [censored].
Old 05-14-2007, 04:13 AM

Also, anybody NOT play with the 4 color deck? I have a bunch of IRL friends who give me [censored] for playing with it. I give them [censored] for not playing with it. It's luckier (obv)
Old 05-14-2007, 04:14 AM

4 color deck gives you herpes.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:25 AM

obviously 4 colour deck.. it still didnt stop me folding today with middle pair and a green flush draw on the turn lol [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

insane shame too because the puppy feet hit soo much and are the luckiest suit [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what are ur thoughts on flush theory

it is my belief that hearts get u the most two card ace high flushes (usually with the jack). clubs are good for kign high and queen high flushes. diamonds are the only ones that can get u straight flushes. spades only get u a flush when its like 86 of spades

[/ QUOTE ]

With spades, of course, you make your flush when the other guy makes a straight-flush. I fold pre-flop.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, anybody NOT play with the 4 color deck? I have a bunch of IRL friends who give me [censored] for playing with it. I give them [censored] for not playing with it. It's luckier (obv)

[/ QUOTE ]

i play with those idiot all color cards (phatty liver)