Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: 2007-08 North Carolina Tar Heels Basketball (San Antonio Here We C

while Duke is playing back to back games vs Illinois and Marquette in Hawaii, UNC is at home playing South Carolina State and ODU (getting ready for March huh Roy? f'ing cupckae schedule)... go to hell Carolina, go to hell
Old 11-24-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while Duke is playing back to back games vs Illinois and Marquette in Hawaii, UNC is at home playing South Carolina State and ODU (getting ready for March huh Roy? f'ing cupckae schedule)... go to hell Carolina, go to hell

[/ QUOTE ]

The B,

You are getting old very quickly. Two years ago I was making similar posts like you and then realized how I wasn't accomplishing anything ... that I was actually making UNC fans look weak.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while Duke is playing back to back games vs Illinois and Marquette in Hawaii, UNC is at home playing South Carolina State and ODU (getting ready for March huh Roy? f'ing cupcake schedule)... go to hell Carolina, go to hell

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not our fault that louisville lost to byu.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Orleans Arena waitresses working the V.I.P. seating on the floor had the sluttiest outfits I've ever seen for an Arena work staff. They are like cutoff sweatshirts with the sweatshirt hanging off one of the shoulders. I'm really not sure what is stopping the sweatshirt from slipping down more and exposing their tee tas.

[/ QUOTE ]

pics of this too please
Old 11-25-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey F@G. We play @tOSU, @Kentucky the next week or two. Get over yourself. tOSU isn't that good but should be a decent test. @kentucky isn't that great but shouldn't be that bad. As others have stated, it isn't our fault that Louisville lost. BYU isn't easy anyways. Very good test tonight.

Duke has a tough OOC this year. It's not like we've scheduled cupcakes, they just aren't as good. Illinois really isn't that great this year. Marquette is good but overrated, James is probally the most overrated player in college basketball. You guys also have Pitt coming up.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:37 AM

What a gutsy performance by the team. I mentioned in the first post of this thread that we had 3 PGs and this game illustrated this fact. With Lawson going down before the first TV timeout it was critical to have experienced PGs behind them. QT and Frasor didn't play lights out but they were able to keep the offense plugging along. The team only had 10 TOs in the game.

I thought Ginyard was the key player tonight. Roy put Ginyard on Tavernnari (#45 for B.Y.U.) in the 2nd half and his offense dried up. Green was huge with 3 steals and 14 points. Stepheson keeps on impressing with 9 boards, 2 assists and 0 TOs. He battled hard inside all night.

I managed to snag a 2nd row seat behind the basket opposite the UNC bench. I was riding Plaisted (#44 for B.Y.U.) the entire 2nd half. Whenever he came in the paint I yelled, "watch the elbows #44, quit fouling #44, I'm watching you." I did this the entire half. I'm like 20 feet from him so he hears me the entire time. With about 50 seconds left I'm yelling at him during a side out and he looks over at me with this wearied look on his face. I was half expecting to see my name in the box score for my efforts. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I saw Eddie Murray (ex Baltimore Oriole) and Jerry Tarkanian during the game.

Here are some pictures I took. I would have much more but my battery died before the game.

<u>Here are the cocktail girls I was speaking about</u>

This excerpt is from the AP write up (note the Monroe impersonator was like 60 yrs old, lol, only in Vegas ... the girl in the middle had a crazy tramp stamp with a 4 leaf clover in the middle):

The fans got a splendid Sin City experience during the holiday weekend, complete with the Orleans' heavily tattooed arena waitresses and the Marilyn Monroe impersonator who sang the national anthem.

<u>Psycho T</u>

<u>Lawson warming up</u>

<u>Ellington tunes up the long range jumper</u>

<u>Frasor works on the jumper</u>

<u>The back of Dickie V's bald head</u>

Old 11-25-2007, 09:05 PM

Awesome pics ligastar. Jealous that you got to see the Heels in Vegas the lats two nights.

First off, I was really impressed by BYU. Plaisted is going to make some good money playing in the NBA as he has good speed, quickness and post moves. If he ever learns to get more aggressive with the ball and start to dunk it inside instead of laying it up he could be a really good NBA player.

Second of all, we have to address the post situation. Deon Thompson had zero rebounds in 20 minutes, which simply will not get it done. I'm not sure if we need to give him more time or if we should strongly consider starting Stepheson or Green, but something needs to be done with that. To be honest, I miss Deon when he weighed about 30 more pounds.

Danny Green and Ginyard are both playing so well and doing the many little things that it takes to win. I love the fact that we have two glue guys who contribute so many things to the team that don't show up in the stat sheets. Green has improved his decision making a lot this year IMO.

I've not been that impressed with us so far this year, but the fact that we are beating quality opponents while playing our C game is a good sign for the rest of the year. We beat a team that will be seeded somewhere between a 7-10 seed in the NCAA tournament without our starting PG pretty much.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:09 PM

agreed lurchy. i think deon thompson should be benched until he learns to rebound/defend in the post, i would rather keep green coming off of the bench b/c he's a good spark.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, I was really impressed by BYU. Plaisted is going to make some good money playing in the NBA as he has good speed, quickness and post moves. If he ever learns to get more aggressive with the ball and start to dunk it inside instead of laying it up he could be a really good NBA player.

[/ QUOTE ]

He holds the ball too long before he makes his move. And he shows too much of the ball when he faces up.

-McGee
Old 11-26-2007, 07:03 PM

Basketball Prospectus article on Tar Heels' defense