Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Amero Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
Duncan Hunter just made a statement on the NAU:

[ QUOTE ]
"As you know, the North American Union (NAU) is a proposed international government encompassing the nations of Canada, the U.S., and Mexico similar to the European Union. The proposal was defined in a May 2005 Council on Foreign Relations task force report. This proposal is an expansion of the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP). SPP was launched in March 2005 reportly to increase security through greater information sharing among the three countries."

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes Paul, Tancredo, and Hunter as the only presidential candidates to officially acknowledge it as truth.

If this is not a conspiracy, then it would appear that it is a a conspiracy hatched to look like a conspiracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is this statement from? source? Also, where are the statements from Paul and Tancredo?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you read reviews about Zeitgeist, almost all are 5 stars. It is by far the most compelling, shocking, eye opening thing I have ever watched in my life. I knew about a lot of this stuff before hand, but some of the stuff I didn't really understand and they explained it so well that the night I watched it, I went to bed more terrified than when I was a kid watching horror movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
And through fear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be carefull, it seems the government challengers know how to use fear to acomplish their goals also.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"As you know, the North American Union (NAU) is a proposed international government encompassing the nations of Canada, the U.S., and Mexico similar to the European Union. The proposal was defined in a May 2005 Council on Foreign Relations task force report. This proposal is an expansion of the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP). SPP was launched in March 2005 reportly to increase security through greater information sharing among the three countries."

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes Paul, Tancredo, and Hunter as the only presidential candidates to officially acknowledge it as truth.

If this is not a conspiracy, then it would appear that it is a a conspiracy hatched to look like a conspiracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is this statement from? source? Also, where are the statements from Paul and Tancredo?

[/ QUOTE ]

They (Tancredo, Ron Paul, and Virgil Goode) sponsored this bill in Congress (Hunter is now a co-sponsor). Where have you been on this? This legislation has been out for a looooonnnnnggg time.

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/gpoxmlc109/hc487_ih.xml
Old 10-05-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh...sorry...here's a PDF of the actual letter containing the statement:

http://www.jbs.org/files/u_uploads/0...AHwyNAUSPP.pdf
Old 10-05-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They (Tancredo, Ron Paul, and Virgil Goode) sponsored this bill in Congress (Hunter is now a co-sponsor). Where have you been on this? This legislation has been out for a looooonnnnnggg time.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol sorry. The first I heard of this was when I watched that Zeigiestestest movie. Wasn't sure what was fact and what wasn't.

That IS an actual bill right? How does it all work now? Will it be voted on in Congress, and when? Or was it already?

Thanks for giving the links.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol sorry. The first I heard of this was when I watched that Zeigiestestest movie. Wasn't sure what was fact and what wasn't.

That IS an actual bill right? How does it all work now? Will it be voted on in Congress, and when? Or was it already?

Thanks for giving the links.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an actual resolution. It does not carry the weight of law. It is real, though, and the link I gave you was to the Library of Congress website.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:54 PM

Ex-Mexican Prez: Yes, there will be an Amero

Anybody still think this is a conspiracy theory?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ex-Mexican Prez: Yes, there will be an Amero

Anybody still think this is a conspiracy theory?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, like all conspiracy theories, that link seems big on distorting and misrepresenting the truth. Here's the relevant portion of the CNN transcript:

[ QUOTE ]
KING: E-mail from Mrs. Gonzalez in Elizabeth, New Jersey. "Mr. Fox, I would like to know how you feel about the possibility of having a Latin America united with one currency?"

FOX: Long term, very long term. What we propose together, President Bush and myself, it's ALCA, which is a trade union for all of the Americas. And everything was running fluently until Hugo Chavez came. He decided to isolate himself. He decided to combat the idea and destroy the idea...

KING: It's going to be like the euro dollar, you mean?

FOX: Well, that would be long, long term. I think the processes to go, first step into is trading agreement. And then further on, a new vision, like we are trying to do with NAFTA.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, he says that a Latin American currency is far in the future. He says he and Bush proposed the FTAA. He says Chavez is anti-FTAA. When asked if there would be an analogue of the Euro, he says that would be a long, long term thing. He says the first step towards economic integration is free trade agreements, and then later, maybe more.

Things he does not say: "Yes, there will be an amero."
Old 10-09-2007, 03:51 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] yeah you're right, I didn't throughly read it until after I posted it; just didn't delete it or anything since I did bump the thread. oh well, I still really hope this doesn't happen.. and I think it very likely will if Clinton or Guiliani or any other of the related talking heads get elected.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:23 PM

Still wondering what people know about the European Union's laws and if they could share some insight. Were your countries own laws overridden by new European Union laws ? Stephen Harper's latest move to announcen and pass his bill on the 'war on drugs' just like the states is a bit disturbing seeing how this looks like it might be a push towards an american stance on drugs which is NOT working in that country or any other country for that matter.