Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Thremp - Hot Sizzle Summer Log

I've resorted to telling myself: "I feel myself obliterating every fiber in my muscle. I will reform them into a newer, stronger, more complete, essence of muscular perfection." This blend of New Age [censored] and frat daddy randomness keeps me numb enough to make it through 45 minutes without realizing that I'm having a casual weightlifter's wet dream of training.

A1: Machine Bench - 112.5
A2: Low Cable Curl - 70
Reps: 100

B1: Incline Machine Bench - 87.5
B2: Preacher Hammer Curls - 20s
Reps: 103

Notes: Weights all go up next session. I've been feeling pretty good the last few workouts even going in. I'll increase weights on this exercise going into the last week. For someone who really loathes workouts like this, they are working very very well. Also cleaning up my diet exponentially and coming off a detraining period can't possibly have anything to do with it either. (I feel like the double serving Surge study on T-nation where they pick quotes out and then later after reading in depth you realize numerous people had significant other factors such as starting other supplements, cleaning up diets, new mesocycle etc.)

Only 5 more workouts and I get an entire week off. Ship it.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:36 PM

On the t-nation note, several of their latest articles have just been absolutely shameless. Even moreso than usual.

If they write another article about how essential Flameout is I'm going to go insane.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:04 PM

I do agree on the t-nation shameless promotion..I am tempted to try flame out b/c of what is in it..but I really dislike that the are acting like this right now.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do agree on the t-nation shameless promotion..I am tempted to try flame out b/c of what is in it..but I really dislike that the are acting like this right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

TC is the reincarnation of Bill Phillips.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this comes up every so often, but i really don't get it at all...how can you complain that the FREE magazine published by A SUPPLEMENT COMPANY has ads for their supplements? this is just ridiculous...also note that most of the authors have no control over what pics are added to their articles...
Old 07-19-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this comes up every so often, but i really don't get it at all...how can you complain that the FREE magazine published by A SUPPLEMENT COMPANY has ads for their supplements? this is just ridiculous...also note that most of the authors have no control over what pics are added to their articles...

[/ QUOTE ]

They are starting to use deception and blatant misinformation while covering up some of their huge gaffes instead of being up front. Their best stuff is mostly in the past.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:42 PM

how many workouts/weeks will you have done before your week off?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many workouts/weeks will you have done before your week off?

[/ QUOTE ]

4 weeks so 4 of each workout. Very std. time frame.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:36 AM

Last workout of week 3. I had terrible sleep last night. Oh well.

A1: Alternating Lunges - 40
A2: Sit-ups - 15
Reps: 85

B1: Shrugs - 135
B2: Russian Twists - 10
Reps: 80

Notes: I think ~85-90 reps is the peak I can do with lunges and sit-ups. Sets for lunges just take longer and I can't fit in that many. I think the drop is mainly that I'm using two plates for sit-ups which makes the set-up slightly slower (few seconds on each one) which in turn would be responsible for 5 rep drop. I'll up weight next week and see how my hypothesis holds. I cleaned up form and let power go on 2nd set. Will keep weight same and improve numbers next week.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:18 PM

Ugh. I got into the gym today and half way into my first period and just decided that I wasn't into it. Looks like the lack of sleep (oops) plus the volume is giving me overtraining a bit sooner than I though. I'll try to do something physically active all this week and then pick up a different EDT cycle for next phase.

I'm leaning to this workout next:
http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459587

As its a little more my style. As cool as the machine bench is... I'm tired of it.