Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Mohegan Sun Poker Room???

Are they going to be opening a live card room anytime soon? Im not talking e-tables but games with dealers becaus im looking to become a dealer and i think i would have a better choice of getting a job there than at foxwoods. i know that foxwoods you can be 18+ to deal , will this also apply at Mohegan? Im 20. Competition will probably be tough, will it help that i know someone pretty high up in the gaming dept?? or not really becasue he isnt part of the poker room?
Old 11-14-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Mohegan Sun Poker Room???

Use the search. It's being discussed in the current Mohegan threads and ut oh, it's posted on their website in the expansion news too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Juice really means nothing there, they will give internal oportunities to transfer back to poker first.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:44 PM

I heard that dealers at Mohegan will be able to keep their own tokes unlike Foxwoods and this is probably going to cause a lot of the better FW dealers to move to Mohegan. With no experience it might be tough to get a position at Mohegan given that it is a smaller room and there will most likely be competition to work there.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:00 PM

Back when Mohegan used to have poker, the dealers kept their own tips, so I see no reason why that would change once the new hotel & poker room opens up.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Back when Mohegan used to have poker, the dealers kept their own tips, so I see no reason why that would change once the new hotel & poker room opens up.

[/ QUOTE ]
I heard that when the Mohegan Sun Poker room was shut down some dealers were part of the drugs/prostitution being run there. The way it allegedly worked was, the dealers were given big tips and would direct the players to their pleasure of choice.

I hope that MS dealers get to keep their tips in spite of what allegedly happened, and I hope that FW dealers are also allowed to keep their tips - which could help to improve that room as well. I believe that FW dealers are looking to get approval from the Gaming commission in order to be allowed to vote on whether or not to be able to keep their own tips.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I heard that when the Mohegan Sun Poker room was shut down some dealers were part of the drugs/prostitution being run there. The way it allegedly worked was, the dealers were given big tips and would direct the players to their pleasure of choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

This, plus the fact that the episode apparently left Mohegan management so squeamish about poker that they waited four years into the poker craze to reopen the room, strike me as reasons to suspect that tips will be pooled, as a measure to protect against actual or perceived impropriety. Also, since the only other room in the market pools tips, they wouldn't have to worry that pooling would drive top dealers to the competition.

That said, as a potential customer, I'd love to hear that the dealers will pool tips. Waterfall, how good is your source on this claim?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That said, as a potential customer, I'd love to hear that the dealers will pool tips.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really, really better rethink this statement.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That said, as a potential customer, I'd love to hear that the dealers will not pool tips. Waterfall, how good is your source on this claim?

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP. Thanks, Photoc.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That said, as a potential customer, I'd love to hear that the dealers will not pool tips. Waterfall, how good is your source on this claim?

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP. Thanks, Photoc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, god I was hoping that was a type-0, lol.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard every rumor from drugs, to chinese gangsters to hookers.

As i slowly become a foxwoods reg IDK if i would go to Mehgan simply becuase I don't think they will get bigger games often enough. I guess will see. cutting a half hour off my drive would be pretty sweet though