Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2006, 04:54 AM

Default Re: foxwoods new room

Uhh...

No, but uhh....

that's all I really have to say.

You don't need em for the $ ones only the WPT ones.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tom do you need a Wampum rewards card to sign up for the SitnGo's at Foxwoods? I do not have one because they ask for SSN and I will not give that out to anyone due to the fact that I'm an illegal alien ......

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 04-17-2006, 08:05 AM

Have they moved any of the tables around to clear up that clutter in the middle section yet?

Will the desk near the escalator be used for signups, too? Stud, yellow chip only or all games?
Old 04-17-2006, 11:27 AM

IMO the new room has these improvements:

1) Auto shufflers - speeds up the game
2) Auto sign - quicker sign in
3) More tables - less waiting time for a table
4) More comfortable chairs
5) No smoke anywhere to be seen!

Now for the bad:

1) No room around the tables when you need to get up.
2) The dealers are HORRIFIC at best. On my last 7 hour session I was on a table with at least 5 misdeals, incorrectly mucked cards, and a dealer that would ask if the table was ok with the decision to push the pot to the winner! He kept asking the table what the winning hand was. I can only hope the dealers will improve.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:15 PM

I agree with you. I used to go to Foxwoods a few times a year, but with them never having anything above 20 hold em, I don't bother so much. Now that I've gotten into stud, I will prob stop by and visit soon (maybe over Memorial Day) since I hear the games are good there. That said, I played 75 stud at Taj this weekend and the games were so ridiculously good that it really doesn't make sense to bother going elsewhere. But I want to go just for the novelty and a "vacation." I really wish they had 40 hold em though bc I don't like playing stud the whole time since it is much more tiring than HE.

Jeff
Old 04-17-2006, 01:57 PM

First post, here goes:

ive been playing at foxwoods pretty often over the past 5 years or so (about once a week)....all i have to say is, thank god for the new room, the waiting lists were getting insane on the weekends and its been infinitely better since....i agree the dealers are pretty brutal, but they've been pretty awful since the poker boom started....no eating at the table is a godsend, and cupholders for each position is great....

2-5NL is still my game of choice though its gotten very very soft over the past year, its almost too easy now....3 guys sat down when i was leaving, all sat with the $500 max, they had absolutely no clue how to play, wish i coulda stayed....

there was a 50-100NL game going on at the table next to me during the WPT event two weeks ago, and i saw a $56,000 pot....3 people all in, made me sick to my stomach to see all that money in play....
Old 04-17-2006, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
....i don't know who in their right mind would wanna play the 2-4 torture game unless you've been playing poker for less that 3 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played that until recently because <ul type="square">[*]i knew limit much better than NL -- still do, though that gap is decreasing rapidly[*]I don't really have an adequate $2400 bankroll for $4/8 that would allow me to take a -50 or -100 BB downswing in stride.[/list]
Low limit poker is great if you understand why opponents playing any two suited is great for you. That said, 2/4 barely pays the expenses to go down there, so I'm building bankroll online and mostly playing the 1-2N there now.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there's some limpers, guy raises to $10, it gets to me on the button and I look down at AA and raise to $20 to narrow the action.

Guy bets out $25. I double his bet to $50

[/ QUOTE ]

ewwwww....
Old 04-17-2006, 05:23 PM

whats the ewwwww for?
Old 04-17-2006, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a good example of these "phil ivey wanna-be" types from today - from my lame poker blog..

Saturday, April 15, 2006

another day at da woods - fun w/ AA

Just got back from another day at Foxwoods - had alotta fun and am $350 richer.

Here's one interesting hand that came up:

New guy sits down with $100 - he wins a few bucks on his first hand, raised preflop after some limpers, no callers.

Next hand - there's some limpers, guy raises to $10, it gets to me on the button and I look down at AA and raise to $20 to narrow the action. Guy calls and it's heads up, about $40 in the pot.

Flop is uneventful. J high and some rags, but 2 cards were suited. Guy bets out $25.

I double his bet to $50, hoping to reel him in, and he immediately goes all in.

Action is only something like $35 more to me, and there is over $140 in the pot. I call of course.

Turn comes, then the river. I wanted to see what he had so I waited for him to turn over his hand. I was pretty surprised when he tabled AK! I scooped the pot and he got up and left. Thanks guy!

AK is a good hand, but when you are aggressive with it before the flop and after the flop, don't hit anything, and get re-reraised BOTH times, you can be pretty sure that it's no good anymore (or in this case, it was never good).

And - if someone raises your $25 bet to $50, there is absolutely no reason to re-raise all in for $35 more on a bluff...its just bad poker. Your raise isn't big enough to get anyone out, unless they were bluffing in the first place. And they might call you anyway!

[/ QUOTE ]Am I the only one who thinks that OP played like an absolute donkey? Min-raises pre-flop and flop? Yuck.