Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 09:01 PM

Default Re: 55$ QJ sorted UTG. blinds 50/100

[ QUOTE ]
it is not because that qj sorted is not the nut that 7 2o is the same hand.

Mmmmmm your last argument is terribly suspicious

[/ QUOTE ]

but 7 2 off-sorted is the nuts!
Old 12-03-2006, 09:06 PM

Not true. Imagine, that a donk calls you ( so so typical ). Then you are on the flop and get a Q. You will go allin whatever is played. With 7 2 o at least, if the guy go allin you will fold.

Well I am busy right now, and I can find a better example, but you are very wrong. 7 2 o is not QJs in this way of play.

Turning a hand into 7 2 o is not that !
Old 12-03-2006, 09:08 PM

I start finding this thread reather funny than being upset about you being so ignorant.
Keep the good stuff comming sir.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:10 PM

Tozzy, why am I ignorant ?

It seems you are ignorant for me since you think I am
Old 12-03-2006, 09:10 PM

The fact of the matter is that simply raising here is -EV in the long run.

Trying to represent a huge hand by putting 1/3 of your stack in and not pushing all-in is an advanced play that can only work if you "you know what they know that you know....etc" and is strictly situational.

You can justify doing any damn play you want if your read on the table is that good. Raising here could be the perfect play if it works out for you.

The problem is that more often than not, it won't work the way you want it to, and you are in a very tough spot after the flop if the BB calls you for only 200 more, or if you are re-raised PF.

As everyone else said, raising to 300 in this situation is probably the worst play by far. Making a continuation bet on the flop requires going all in, so you may as well push PF if that's your theory. You will probably miss the flop and he will be getting decent odds on the flop to call your all-in with even a marginal hand
Old 12-03-2006, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the first part of your answer show a flaw in your process thinking.

The second part shows that you are a prick

My part is that I fold because I multitable and I don't feel any desire to play such spots ...

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I got this far and quit. Why are you here, a-hole? Crawl back under your rock.

PLONK... my third in three days after several months without one. Sweet.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not true. Imagine, that a donk calls you ( so so typical ). Then you are on the flop and get a Q. You will go allin whatever is played. With 7 2 o at least, if the guy go allin you will fold.

Well I am busy right now, and I can find a better example, but you are very wrong. 7 2 o is not QJs in this way of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime you're basically completely bluffing you're turning your hand into a 72. No one is just calling you, especially at a table full of regulars like you used in your example. Everyone is folding preflop or shoving. Anyway, I'm done responding to this threat. This play is -EV for many reasons, you can keep defending it but it's bad and you will lose money in the long run if you do it.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact of the matter is that simply raising here is -EV in the long run.

Trying to represent a huge hand by putting 1/3 of your stack in and not pushing all-in is an advanced play that can only work if you "you know what they know that you know....etc" and is strictly situational.

You can justify doing any damn play you want if your read on the table is that good. Raising here could be the perfect play if it works out for you.

The problem is that more often than not, it won't work the way you want it to, and you are in a very tough spot after the flop if the BB calls you for only 200 more, or if you are re-raised PF.

As everyone else said, raising to 300 in this situation is probably the worst play by far. Making a continuation bet on the flop requires going all in, so you may as well push PF if that's your theory. You will probably miss the flop and he will be getting decent odds on the flop to call your all-in with even a marginal hand

[/ QUOTE ]

my God you start by saying 1/3 of my stack, so I won't bother read the post...

If Hero has 900, it is a Fold or a Push... Damnit, stop to say so much [censored], it is so awful.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ryen

you are out-thinking yourself.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:16 PM

I think it was pretty clear. Since I can fold even when I hit with 7 2o but I don't fold if I hit ( a J or a Q ), I didn't turned QJs into 72o