Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 09:09 AM

Default playing sets at NL25

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $24.30
BB: $17.75
UTG: $43.00
Hero (BTN): $28.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.90</font>

Pot Size: $5.90

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $24.75
Hero (BB): $25.00
UTG: $25.00
MP: $37.60
CO: $26.60
BTN: $5.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, CO calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, CO calls $6.00

Turn: ($19.10) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $15.50</font>

Pot Size: $34.60

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $24.75
BB: $37.60
UTG: $25.00
MP: $5.60
CO: $24.65
Hero (BTN): $47.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.00, MP folds

Flop: ($2.85) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $4.00</font>, Hero calls $2.00

Turn: ($10.85) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $21.00</font>

Pot Size: $36.85

And yes, the 2nd one is not a set.
Comments, thoughts and ideas are welcome and if you post, please include the reason why you think so.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: playing sets at NL25

Villain looks to have a medium strength hand at best, something like JT, JQ, or A7, given the weak bet and dry flop texture of the first hand. Raising here folds these hands out. Flat calling here and raising turn is the best way to extract value.

That is an ugly spot in the second hand but it looks ok.

Third hand looks good. His minraise suggests strength and you will usually get your shove called which is good because you are way ahead of the villain's range.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:36 AM

The second hand isn't a set, so I'll just talk about the first and third.

In the first hand, I see no reason to raise on the flop. You have the deck semi-crippled, and there really aren't any draws out there. I think you have to just call and hope he makes a play on the turn (hopefully an A or K shows up). I see a lot of players at this level donk-bet the flop, hoping you'll fold, and then folding immediately to a raise.

In the third hand, your play on the flop is okay. A min-raise typically indicates major strength from the usual donk, so I might have reraised. There are also draws available. The turn card sucks if he was chasing a straight, which seems unlikely, but who knows at 25NL. The only overpair you can really hope for is 99, but some players will do this with 77 or 66. You're obviously not laying this hand down, so I like the raise. 22, 44, and possibly 99 are calling you here. A dope with A8 might call as well.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:21 AM

I mentioned it in my post that 2nd one isn't a set but feel free to comment that anyways, first hand seems that I indeed played it a bit too fast but since I have gotten outdrawn a lot lately by those donks who lead weak w/ their draws and I have just flat called.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:44 AM

1st hand: standard.

2nd hand: you turn your hand into a bluff. I think unknown villians range on the turn here is 33+ and I dont think much that we beat is callin a push here. It sucks that we are OOP cause if we check we do give villian the opportunity to bluff us off our hand. Im not quite sure whats best here but we push we probably fold out 99-JJ assuming villian is halfway decent. I think you still get called by KK+ and def get called by 33-88.

hand 3: looks fine. You could reraise the flop but the board is pretty dry so slow playin here isnt too bad.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:18 PM

2nd hand is horrible. As Bevill stated, there's no need to turn your hand into a bluff on this board, check and see what villian does, I'm virtually always folding to a bet
Old 08-14-2007, 12:37 PM

i like hand 3, if you 3-bet flop he may have given up there but you extracted that extra bet nh
Old 08-14-2007, 01:08 PM

I would like bet this flop, but most of the time I would not bet, unless I had reason to do so. On a rainbow/uncoordinated with top set, you pretty much got to try extract value by keeping a weaker hand in the game.

Check the turn.

I like how the 3rd hand was played.