Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: river nut flush as the board pairs, awkward stacks

Yeah, you seem to be saying that villain has been beating up on you. Most of the time aggressive unknowns don't know when to stop doing this, they don't adapt to the fact that you're going to call them relatively light eventually. Given that he views you as weak, I assume he can float you with a wide range, meaning he could actually have a queen here. I think bet(probably less than $1000)/call seems good here.

I definitely don't like anything involving folding here, so if you're plan is to b/f I prefer a c/c.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:17 PM

check with the intention of c/r all-in is a violable option imo. bet/calling is obv fine as well, not sure what amount is the best though.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you seem to be saying that villain has been beating up on you. Most of the time aggressive unknowns don't know when to stop doing this,

[/ QUOTE ]

just to be clear, at some point he abruptly changed to a pretty low gear and he hadn't messed with me for a while
Old 09-16-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet 999$ and call push

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-16-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah when you bet the turn with no paired board on the flush draw, then a paired board comes on the river and it also completes your flush. Its just pray he doesnt have a slowplayed set I think. Go with your gut lol.There are so many hands he could have here must just have you in bad shape, limp calling with 99,66,44 is a great possibility, maybe in rare instances he could show up with 1010 on the river. But i dont just see him calling you down at these levels with just 1010 or JJ when you showed so much strength post flop and its ok to take this line sometimes with Aj suited, I think you have to assume he is real strong here unless you have been been real loose and at these levels it doesnt pay to be like that 6-7 way, so im going to say a check i dont see how that is so weak when all you have is about 1.5x the pot and the pot is already so big. If u push hes only calling with a boat, maybe rare instances he shows up with 1010 aq but i cant see a player doing that when ur at these levels. So I definately like the check here and hope he checks behind, if he pushes I think we have to assume that he has the boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 09-16-2007, 06:04 PM

I would usually bet/call, but CRAI isn't too bad either.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:04 AM

I took a long time thinking and then bet $900 and he quickly called with... 7c6c??

as soon as I made the bet and saw how much money I had left, I realized I had picked a bad size... I should have bet a bit more to get more value from whatever worse hands call me. If he has slowplayed a set then I just have to lose my stack here, I'm not deep enough to get away, so I should have focused on other factors when sizing my bet.