Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: JTs on Ten high flop

Fold the turn.
Did you did not respect his him calling your CB.
Now you fire 2nd barrell and are check-raised.
AND your OOP!

Hummm alarm bells.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:36 PM

We beat only a bluff but it might be big enough part of his range... Not many big hands he can have. Not many people play AT that strong. If he is bluffhappy and ive got to that river, I might make the call.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With a limp-call, call oop from villain, we have to ask ourselves just what the hell he is calling with. T32r flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, he could be asking the same question about us: How could a T32 flop help us? Maybe he put you on overcards and floated the flop cb. When the 3 pairs on the turn, he knows it can't have helped you, so he raised you to see how good your hand really is.

I guess it comes down to how much villain respects your 2nd barrel on the turn.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:12 PM

This hand is interesting to me, and I have a few questions for the OP.

I dont mind the raise preflop, but why did you do that? Was it for value? Did you think that he could fold what he would limp with UTG?

Flop play is semi standard imo, and I think that your line is fine at this point. When you bet, and he calls, what do you put him on at this point? I think that if you are readless, checking the turn is a better option.

Turn. What was the point of the bet? Did you feel that you had the best hand and were trying to extract value from him? Was it another feeler bet? Again, what did you put him on?

I think that the "hero?" question needs to be asked after we are raised on the turn. I think that the hand is decided right here. If you feel like we are beat (depending on what you think villian is holding), I would fold here. You are probably looking at a 5 outer at best. If you think we are ahead, I would be tempted to push. I think that this gets you into trouble more times than not, but if you only call the raise, you are going to be faced with the decision for the rest of his money on the river. When you called the turn, what was your plan for the river? When the 4 fell, did you check wanting him to bet?

I think that you made it too far into the hand before wondering what to do, and that your decision for the outcome of the betting should have been done before you made the bet on the turn.