Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Learning to 2 table HUSNGs

Seems if I could 2 table I'd be a huge millionare but I cannot seem to make it happen. I do very very well (15% at the $115s on tilt) and Im moving up to the 220s soon, but I cannot even break even 2 tabling.

Is this a skill I can learn, and how hard is it? Any tips?

Thanks -Indy
Old 09-26-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Learning to 2 table HUSNGs

Multi-tabling is much better for mtt's or 9 player sng's .
I don't see much benefit in multi-tabling and I don't believe it would be fun anymore . The joy I get from playing heads up is about analyzing how my opponent plays and making the adjustments towards him . Multi-tabling doesn't allow me to do that and I would quickly lose enjoyment from it .

Here is the run down .

If you win 60% of the time playing (100+5)games , then you earn $15 profit . If you multi-table , then you need at least a win % of 56.25% to achieve the same $/h . I would guess that my long term win% would take a bigger dip than 3.75% at the higher levels .
Old 09-26-2007, 12:25 PM

jay,

yah i mean what i also have to consider is rakeback and FPPs which would be huge two tabling the 220s. i still think its possible to do it and i really want to learn!
Old 09-26-2007, 12:33 PM

Multitabling HUSNG's is very hard. Multitabling cash HU is easy because you don't need to adjust to stack sizes.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:19 PM

There's definitely a tradeoff when multitabling. Playing a single table gives you a single point of focus, and you'll certainly play a better game, which is very important for improving your game, as well as maintaining a good winrate.

If profit is your primary goal, then multitabling seems like a no-brainer, but your overall winrate will likely drop, and it will probably take a lot more work to improve over time, meaning you'll likely have to spend more time outside of games analyzing play, which is something you can likely do for the most part while you're actually in the game, if you're only playing one table.

I've been 3-tabling $10-$30 regular sngs for the past 3 or 4 days (120 games or so maybe?) with somewhere around a 62% winrate overall, so it's definitely possible. (hey jay, what would my winrate have to be single-tabling to equal the profit of 3 tabling at 62%?) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Unfortunately, I don't really have any tips. I'm probably doing so well just because I'm playing low stakes, and because I'm playing regulars instead of turbos, where each individual decision is slightly less important. 2-tabling turbos is likely part of what sent me into the tailspin a few weeks ago that I'm just now starting to recover from.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Multitabling HUSNG's is very hard. Multitabling cash HU is easy because you don't need to adjust to stack sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, there are lots of guys that do it very well...what is their secret? The Camel claims that if you take your time, you only drop like 1% in ROI 2 tabling.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:29 PM

I find that I can do up to 3 tables of the $33s or 2 of the $55s, but at the $100s and $200s I can't seem to make more than 1 worthwhile. I'm in the same boat.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've been 3-tabling $10-$30 regular sngs for the past 3 or 4 days (120 games or so maybe?) with somewhere around a 62% winrate overall, so it's definitely possible. (hey jay, what would my winrate have to be single-tabling to equal the profit of 3 tabling at 62%?) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming 62% is your true win rate 3-tabling , then you profit 0.19*(buyin -rake) . Your win % needed to cover this amount playing single tables would need to be ( assuming you play $(10+0.5) )

20*0.62-10.5 = 1.9/sng or 5.7/(3sng's)

20*x-10.5 = 5.7/sng
x=81%

This is not happening , ever !
Old 09-26-2007, 02:02 PM

Wish I could say I thought 62% was my true winrate. More likely it's just things finally starting to even out after dropping 30 buyins over 600 games. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 06:33 PM

Move down and play three at the same time until you can beat the people at the 33s. Then move up again and play two.