Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Buy a Macbook?

[ QUOTE ]
transition to os x? lol after u used it once u ll throw up everytime u have to work w/ windows.

no seriously: get a macbook! but use 4gb ram thats more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the keyboard this hard to use? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 03:53 PM

jjshabado, most people find the Mac OS very easy to use.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:20 PM

i ordered a 15" macbook pro a few days ago. i waited until leopard was released to buy it - was holding off all october. now i see that apple are expected to update the macbooks during the first half of november.. [censored] hell.

i just checked my e-mail and my delivery has been pushed back exactly one week. it was meant to be arriving around wednesday 31st.

should i cancel my order and wait to get the latest macbook pro? argh.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:24 PM

- made a mistake.. they're bringing out updated an version of the macbook in november, not the macbook pro. still annoying if a new macbook pro comes out in the next couple of months. [censored] it.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:49 PM

If you don't need the lappy until December then cancel the order and wait. Worst case you don't get a system until December. Best case you get more machine for less money.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:40 PM

I bought my first Mac ever today. The 15" MacBook Pro with 256 megs of vram 2.4 ghz. Can't wait to get home to set things up!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- made a mistake.. they're bringing out updated an version of the macbook in november, not the macbook pro. still annoying if a new macbook pro comes out in the next couple of months. [censored] it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So should I hold off on buying the macbook now?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:38 PM

If buying MacBook then probably. If buying MacBook pro then probably not.

I'm still getting my MacBook pro configured how I want it with BootCamp etc but I'm digging it big time.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:10 PM

I just ordered a macbook - need it now so cant wait for updates (and its rumoured that the upgrade will just be a processor bump - though that is not at all conformed - it may be something more substantial).

Definitely get 2GB of RAM - will make things much more smooth, especially the great features of leopard. As for finding out how do do things on a mac, mainly I have found (from friends who switched) that it was actually very intuitive and even fun to find some of the cool things OSX includes.

I would suggest waiting for the middle of next week as the update should be out then.

Edit: i believe that if you buy one and the upgrade happens in a certain period of time, you can replace the one you bought for the new one for a restocking fee - check this out though if you want to buy now as im not sure re the time scale.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just ordered a macbook - need it now so cant wait for updates (and its rumoured that the upgrade will just be a processor bump - though that is not at all conformed - it may be something more substantial).

Definitely get 2GB of RAM - will make things much more smooth, especially the great features of leopard. As for finding out how do do things on a mac, mainly I have found (from friends who switched) that it was actually very intuitive and even fun to find some of the cool things OSX includes.

I would suggest waiting for the middle of next week as the update should be out then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Macbook Pro's come standard with 2G memory and any computer you get from Apple will come with Leopard discs if it isn't already installed.