Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 10:08 PM

Default 9/11 As it happened

Right now on msnbc they're replaying the original september 11th coverage. Its crazy to hear the original news coverage knowing what we know now.

I'm finding it pretty powerful and would recommend checking it out for a bit.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:24 PM

Default Re: 9/11 As it happened

I just turned it on and wow, it is just so sad and shocking. People who have forgotten should turn it on even if only for a couple minutes. It really is a horrible event in history. Unbelievably sad.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:46 PM

Yeah, hearing the reporters/witnesses voices breaking is what makes it so powerful for me. Before the 2nd plane hit they were talking about how it was probably a commuter jet gone off course. Then all of a sudden the 2nd plane comes in and you hear the raw emotion.

They made a comment about 6 people dead and thousands injured, and I'm just sitting here thinking how naive those comments are in hindsight.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:48 PM

Yeah that one guy on the phone sounded so upset. You could hear his voice break and it was hard to listen to.

Did you hear Katie Couric say that she hoped everyone made it out? I remember watching the Today Show at the time it happened and I thought they had made it out because Matt Lauer and Katie were so calm and they acted like everyone was probably evacuated.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:59 PM

This is kind of like watching little kids talk about death/war. They have no clue about the magnitude of the loss.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:05 PM

Ok now they've just discovered the Pentagon had been hit. They think it was a bomb. Wow. I had forgotten the magnitude of this tragedy. It's pretty strange listening to them because they have no idea what's going on. They are keeping it together pretty well.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:07 PM

Ugh, no thanks. Will I grow as a person if I watch that? No clue. But everything that's been described in this thread just makes me wince.

I remember coming out of spinning class at 6:30AM and everyone was huddled around the TVs in the cardio room. I couldn't understand why so I went to the weight room to do ab work. It was in there that I heard a guy on the radio announce the news. Like everyone else it took awhile for the gravity of the situation to get hold of me. I ended up in the locker room with a bunch of friends watching the towers come down. Ughhhhhhhhhh, yeah I don't need to go through that again.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:09 PM

Yeah, I only remembered how repetitive the coverage was. How they kept showing the towers getting hit and falling, and how they didn't really know anything. But I never saw the early coverage that morning.

I'm with you, I can't believe how well they're keeping it together. I wonder if part of it is that they just don't realize that thousands have died. Not to mention that this triggered a series of events that has resulted in tens if not hundreds of thousands of deaths.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:12 PM

Yeah I didn't think I wanted to watch this either but I'm sort of glad I did. (I was flipping over to The Office during the commercial breaks)

I had completely forgotten that all air traffic shut down across the country. That must have been awfully strange to the people who were circling over cities or waiting to take off on the runways.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:18 PM

I was looking on the MSNBC website and was the title of this show called 9/11 6 years later?