worst poll evar , tex. EVAR EVAR EVAR. 5 8.77%
10K fight yo! 18 31.58%
no, i'm a favorite, i have six outs, your Aces only have two outs 2 3.51%
grimstarr>HIV>mcbusto>everyone>OP 0 0%
sorryfor trolling you wildgulf- let's be friends again 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: *** Official Fantasy Football Adds-Drops/Trades/Misc Thread : Oct

In any normal year I would stray from trading for QBs and other things but QBs, WRs >>>>> most RBs this year.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In any normal year I would stray from trading for QBs and other things but QBs, WRs >>>>> most RBs this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

Anyways, what do u think of this trade, I give Brady, I get Gore and Carson Palmer. Im very thin at RB, and have derek anderson as well.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:16 PM

I really need a TE - my opponent needs a RB:

My RBs:
J. Addai
E. James
L. White
K. Watson
F. Taylor

I'm basically getting 0 points from my TE at this point (was V. Davis, then A. Crumpler, now M. Pollard)

He's willing to trade D. Clark for E. James ...

(and I play him this week, and James is on bye)
Old 10-25-2007, 06:36 PM

all things considered, what QB is the best option this week? is it still Brady by far?
Old 10-25-2007, 06:54 PM

Uhh, there is no reason to start anyone but Brady right now if given the choice. He's averaging 3.9 TD's per game, 1.2 ahead of the next guy, and hasn't had a game under 3 TDs. Plus, with the way last week's game played out (5 TDs, Brady pulled with gigantic lead, put back in after backup barely struggles with still large lead, 6th TD), you can tell Bellicheck isn't afraid to let Brady air it out as much as possible.

Washington does have the #8 pass defense, but I think you need to see Brady struggle even the slightest bit before you pull him for anyone.

EDIT: However, if you are in some sort of cap league, Rothlisberger vs. Cincy doesn't seem too bad. Cincy is 5th worst in Pass Yards allowed, 2nd in Pass TD's allowed, and middle of the pack in INTs.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, what do u think of this trade, I give Brady, I get Gore and Carson Palmer. Im very thin at RB, and have derek anderson as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are your other RBs, and do you think you could fetch a decent one for D. Anderson? I just hate trading the clear #1 fantasy guy- it's almost always a mistake.

Palmer and Gore have great week 15&16 matchups, though, and both have had their byes (Brady hasn't). If you're confident of making the playoffs, and your RBs are genuinely weak, I probably do it. You might even be able to squeeze a small upgrade somewhere else if the guy is really moist for Brady. But I'd either wait until next week, or maybe start Anderson over Palmer this Sunday...
Old 10-25-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: However, if you are in some sort of cap league, Rothlisberger vs. Cincy doesn't seem too bad. Cincy is 5th worst in Pass Yards allowed, 2nd in Pass TD's allowed, and middle of the pack in INTs.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's who I have pencilled in right now. I just keep passing on Brady because he's so expensive (yes, it's a cap league), and I hate it when he keeps putting it up. Though Brady would amount to 30% of my payroll. Which is a lot, considering I still want to field 2RB/3WR/TE/K/DEF behind that.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's willing to trade D. Clark for E. James

[/ QUOTE ]

You cannot be serious. Don't do it. You dont do a trade just because you are having problems during a bye week.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are your other RBs, and do you think you could fetch a decent one for D. Anderson? I just hate trading the clear #1 fantasy guy- it's almost always a mistake.

Palmer and Gore have great week 15&16 matchups, though, and both have had their byes (Brady hasn't). If you're confident of making the playoffs, and your RBs are genuinely weak, I probably do it. You might even be able to squeeze a small upgrade somewhere else if the guy is really moist for Brady. But I'd either wait until next week, or maybe start Anderson over Palmer this Sunday...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analysis, almost exactly my thought process. Gore and Palmer have good playoff matchups, and will definitely be playing unless injured. Brady is not a guarantee to even play those games, and may get pulled earlier from games that are total blowouts. My RBs are Lendale White, Maroney, and Westbrook. And I dont like trading Anderson becuz people dont even know who he is, so will not give any value for him. Brady is the exact opposite. I am not sure if I will do it, but kinda think I should.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's willing to trade D. Clark for E. James

[/ QUOTE ]

You cannot be serious. Don't do it. You dont do a trade just because you are having problems during a bye week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not having trouble on a bye week. I have no TE. I have decent RBs, and L. White may be as good as E. James now (shipp and aarington are starting to get goal line carries, etc.)

I'm saying that James is on bye this week, and I'm playing the player who I would trade James to. So, the trade doesn't directly hurt me this week.

Also, let's say James scores 15 points/week the rest of the year, and White scores 12 points the rest of the year, and Clark scores 5 points the rest of the week. Wouldn't it be a good idea for me to start White the rest of the year, and have Clark, in trade for giving up a few extra points/week with my one RB?