Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Raquel Welch is now 66. Do you hit it?
Immediately 42 59.15%
Yes 19 26.76%
I'm gay 10 14.08%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Tough spot with a strong hand

plz throw 77 in his hand range too.

I just call here. We know he's 30/8/1.2 over a smallish sample, seems liek a straighforward type player who knows there are 3 clubs on the board.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:30 PM

the turn call really makes me not want to 3-bet here.

he not to agressive, and the quick call on the turn seems to me like either a tricky way to play a flush-draw that came in, or fear of hero having the flush.

when he then finaly raises the river this makes sense with a flush, or a hand like QJ Q7(not too likely due to preflop)or 77. or perhaps some odd bluff.

tho i can see a hand like KQ or QT taking this line too but would he cold call many more weak Queens on the flop?

finaly the chances of getting capped by a better hand are quite high and cut into the EV of the 3-bet heavily (assuming we aint folding to a Cap).

if we put weak Queens in villains raising range here i think we should expect some flushes to cap as well, not just the boats.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:43 AM

I updated this thread at the old forums that are apparently gone now, but I said that I 3bet, and he capped. And now I was curious what everyone does.

Rob
Old 04-11-2007, 08:35 AM

I think it's a call the first time. It's pretty close combo wise but this smells more like a flush to me than a Q. The wait until the river to raise with a flush thing is weird but it's gotten popular for some reason, and I think it's a little out of character for this guy to pop KQ/QT or worse on this river.

I'd fold to the cap the second time. You're never good when he caps.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a call the first time. It's pretty close combo wise but this smells more like a flush to me than a Q. The wait until the river to raise with a flush thing is weird but it's gotten popular for some reason, and I think it's a little out of character for this guy to pop KQ/QT or worse on this river.

I'd fold to the cap the second time. You're never good when he caps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this statement. If you cant 3bet/fold safely then I wouldnt 3bet to begin with. Since everyone on these forums knows how much I "love" 3bet/folding, I wouldve just called the river raise. I realize that based on handreading/logic it appears you still have the nuts when the villain raises the river, but this guy looks like a bad/mediocre player and these guys dont necessarily play well/logically. Not only can this type of player still have a flush on the river, but he can also have T9s here and QJ. If you were playing this hand vs a 2+2er Entity, you would have the nuts on the river almost every time, and in that case I would like the river 3bet, but against a mediocre/bad player I would call the river raise.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:10 AM

Def. call cap. This guy puts you on AA.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:17 AM

if you 3 bet river he probably changes his read to AKcc and not AA and thus I think you can 3 bet fold. Not for the faint of heart though as most will spend the rest of the session wondering why they folded in this big pot when knowing his cards were 1 click away
Old 04-11-2007, 10:18 AM

were = was
Old 04-11-2007, 04:37 PM

no way this is Q8 or two pair and the turn only gets called. This is at worst a hand like 88 that filled up, but likely a KQ or AQ as well. 3 bet mcgee