Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: A bit of a playalong from a video hand of mine..

lol bet the river for meta? I don't know, I like check/calling the river.

edit: Yeah, I guess c/f river is ok, I hadn't realized that KQ was a straight, I just saw the low end. I think it's time for bed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, the betting for meta thing was just to avoid letting this guy realize that you called him on the turn with 44. I think that would probably slow him down a bit, which is something that's going to be a little tough to adjust to.

I guess I don't see a reason for him to bet something that you have beat here. The interesting thing is that all lines here are -EV as check/fold will SOMETIMES result in you losing to a bluff. Kinda neat.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: A bit of a playalong from a video hand of mine..

I hadn't considered that the turned T would make him avoid firing on the turn rather than just avoiding firing the river. I might shoot one more if I were him with AK/AQ in hopes of getting to showdown vs a flush draw or something like that, because checking and folding the river would suck. But... I guess you're assuming he won't fire those hands on the turn. If that's the case, then I like c/f the turn, although, it depends on how much of his range is AK/AQ, etc.

If it's biggish, then bet/folding the turn becomes preferable.

But I guess C/F.

Regardless, thanks for the thread.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:48 PM

Default RESULTS

Making the final board 7d9dTsJc2d. Now there’s very few Ace high hands he can call with and, at the same time, not a whole lot of hands I can put him on. On the turn, I thought AK and AQ were likely since he picked up a gutshot; A8 is possible as well but I’m positive he bets any pair and most diamond draws on the turn, so while the diamond isn’t a scarecard for me he might think it is.

After pausing for a while, I figured he just wouldn’t pay off with AK or AQ often enough for me to bet. So I checked. He paused an equally long time and bet. I paused, thought for a while, and decided that he might have decided to bet Ace high as a bluff on the river…and eventually called. He showed Ad6x and I dragged.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:36 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

You sell yourself short, you paused awhile to check but you insta called his bet. I thought it was pretty hot.

-DeathDonkey