Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > DeucesCracked.com

Old 11-14-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Video: Entity and the Road to Robusto

Good 1!

On the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hand (~51min) you talk about wanting your opp to make 'bad free-showdown raises' with hans like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (board was 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]). Why would that be so bad [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

Another topic you touch a bit that I would be very interested in hearing more of is showng down A-high UI. Based on ur comment I get the feeling I do that way too much. Anyway it would be a good topic.

Korvgubbe = 'hotdog salesman' (don't know the english word), in swedish by the way [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 11-14-2007, 06:25 PM

Rob,

I just wanted to chime in and say that I thought this video was well done. Do you come back and lay the audio track after it's done? You speak pretty clearly (i mean, into the mic, it's clear what you're saying) and you have insightful commentary to your play-by-play.

good stuff!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rob,

I just wanted to chime in and say that I thought this video was well done. Do you come back and lay the audio track after it's done? You speak pretty clearly (i mean, into the mic, it's clear what you're saying) and you have insightful commentary to your play-by-play.

good stuff!

[/ QUOTE ]

This as well as most (if not all) of my videos are just me talking while I play -- I have a tough time getting back into the "flow" of a match to explain why I made a specific decision sometimes when I'm doing the audio commentary after the fact, so I tend to prefer doing it in the moment. I think it's mostly a personal preference thing, though.

thanks for the kind words [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Rob
Old 11-14-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good 1!

On the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hand (~51min) you talk about wanting your opp to make 'bad free-showdown raises' with hans like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (board was 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]). Why would that be so bad [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

Another topic you touch a bit that I would be very interested in hearing more of is showng down A-high UI. Based on ur comment I get the feeling I do that way too much. Anyway it would be a good topic.

Korvgubbe = 'hotdog salesman' (don't know the english word), in swedish by the way [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it when my opponents do anything with bad frequencies: if they are good with their FSDR frequencies it's tough, but many people raise the turn when they wouldn't otherwise call the river (the Js8x board is a pretty good example of that, since I know a lot of people who don't think, then raise the turn with AQdd, when they wouldn't call a river bet if they called the turn). Basically I'm saying I want my opponents to make bad plays that are exploitable and that's one of the ones I see most frequently versus aggressive opposition.

Rob
Old 11-15-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
many people raise the turn when they wouldn't otherwise call the river (the Js8x board is a pretty good example of that, since I know a lot of people who don't think, then raise the turn with AQdd, when they wouldn't call a river bet if they called the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pay off AQ (call, call blank river) here very often, thinking there are so many possible semi-bluffing hands. That is a big leak?
Old 11-16-2007, 01:12 AM

Entity- great video, thanks for that.

Around 10 min, 4-handed after the flop gets checked through to the river. You mention in a 2BB pot that you would think about betting A-high for value in that situation. Can you expound upon that?