Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Another run-in with the cops.

Is it me, or is it like all the stoners in this thread didn't actually READ the OP?

HE DIDN'T SMOKE IN HIS DORM ROOM
Old 11-07-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it me, or is it like all the stoners in this thread didn't actually READ the OP?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to chill out and smoke a bowl. Just don't do it in your dorm room like the OP did.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to chill out and smoke a bowl. Just don't do it in your dorm room like the OP did.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like I tell my son in college, if you gotta do it, go out on the roof -- DON'T SMOKE IN YOUR DORM ROOM. Silly OP.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:50 PM

Back in the day of the great NIH riots at UCLA (circa 1974) it was common knowledge that if you had to be arrested, you were much better off getting nabbed by LAPD rather that the campus police, who would beat the living [censored] out of you. I think that's changed....

Also, on a lighter note, at one time there were only two police "departments" that issued their officer .454 sidearms - one was somewhere like Laredo Texas, and the other was the campus police at Univerity of Nevada, Reno.

--guess those overdue library book miscreants are tougher than I would have guessed.....

MM MD
Old 11-07-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Back in the day of the great NIH riots at UCLA (circa 1974) it was common knowledge that if you had to be arrested, you were much better off getting nabbed by LAPD rather that the campus police, who would beat the living [censored] out of you. I think that's changed....

Also, on a lighter note, at one time there were only two police "departments" that issued their officer .454 sidearms - one was somewhere like Laredo Texas, and the other was the campus police at Univerity of Nevada, Reno.

--guess those overdue library book miscreants are tougher than I would have guessed.....

MM MD

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was in school, it was well-understood that the campus police were there to keep the students from getting into too much trouble, whereas the "real" police were there to actually enforce the law and arrest people and [censored].
Old 11-07-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

MM MD

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was in school, it was well-understood that the campus police were there to keep the students from getting into too much trouble, whereas the "real" police were there to actually enforce the law and arrest people and [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem is it obviously differs from school to school. if you go to school in bumblef*** iowa, maybe the campus police don't really do much. near big cities most of the university police are real police. why wouldn't they be? like i said they have guns and arrest power. how are they not "real police"?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:19 PM

The Citizens Auxillary Police Department -- now that's a department with real police powers.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:44 AM

Here's an example of what you have to say to a police officer in Ontario.

cop: "Where you coming from?"

me: "No comment."

him: buncha stuff

me: "No comment"

Him: what's your name/address

me: answers

Him: Do you have ID?

me: "No comment"

Him: Do you want to be arrested?

Me: "No comment"

Him: leave the area immediately

me: "Have a good night."

---

Now, if there's an emergency that I can see, I talk to them like a normal person, but otherwise, our conversation is pretty much as described above, every time I run into a police officer that wants to talk to me.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If college students are subject to cops banging on their doors for smoking pot, the terrorists win. What the [censored] is this country coming to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh you can blame ol' Slick Willy for getting the ball rolling with regards to the War on Marijuana. So stupid...
Old 11-08-2007, 11:05 AM

A lot of campus police at larger universities are sworn police officers. they just have a smaller juris diction (the campus and immediate area). If they have a sidearm, then they are a sworn police officer, not "mall cops". The campus police at University of Maryland are often used off-campus if necessary due to the heavy workload from a high-crime area. Compared to other "real" police departments they may seem not as well-trained/ less professional, but they're still real police officers.