Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 02-02-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: DeathDonkey is in the well

DD,

I must say I have been impressed with your responses so far. I am very new the forum, but have plenty of live game play (some at the Commerce..but no higher than the 20-40 game) and thus far don't recognize you by your knee. I myself am rebuilding my bankroll after some outside circumstances forced me out of the game for a while. Your thoughts on bankroll management and tilt (especially your thoughts on only playing when you are enjoying yourself) will be extremely valuable as I progress and eventually work my way back. You seem like a humble player (being humble in my mind gives you a huge edge at the tables) and it's nice to see a player giving back to the community from which he came. When I get back to my comfy 20-40 seat at the Commerce (and perhaps even higher), I will look for you in the high limits to give a hearty thanks.

Until then,

Thanks!

DW
Old 02-02-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: DeathDonkey is in the well

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why have you stuck with LHE rather than NLHE?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have tried to learn NLHE - I suck at it. I get bored with it. I think its painfully boring to play NL and live NL is even worse. It's funny because NL players will say the same thing about limit. My brain is wired for limit because of all the hands I've logged and my understanding of the game. Right now NLHE is huge and probably more profitable, but limit concepts are more applicable to other games (just about all of which are limit besides PLO) and I definitely think limit games will remain in the future while NL games will dry up.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably out of the well now, but I would love to hear more about this. Why is NLHE so boring and LHE so fun for you? I'd love to have good reasons to explain why I like LHE so much better, but I don't.