Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 08:06 AM

Default Overpair in middle position..

Preflop: QQ doesn't come too often so I try to put money in the pot in case I hit.

Flop: I raise to try and minimize field and maximize the amount someone to pay to draw to hearts.

Turn: Hope nobody still has a nine.

River: I've gone this far so I just bet.

Let me know what you think.. I think if I had this hand to do over .. I would do the same. Thanks.

Everest Poker Limit Hold'em, $0.25/$0.50 (HH Converter by Kreatief)

BB ($9.50)
UTG+1 ($31.18)
UTG+2 ($19.75)
MP1 ($2.68)
MP2 ($10.93)
MP3 ($22.65) (Hero)
CO ($21.60)
Button ($26.00)
SB ($6.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls,

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( 9BB )
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP1 calls,

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( 19.5BB )
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls All-In $0.43,

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( 25.36BB )
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls,

Results: Highlight below to see what happened.
<font color="#ffffff">
Hero has Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP1 has K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Outcome: MP1 wins $11.34
Outcome: Hero wins $1.09
</font>
Old 11-10-2007, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Overpair in middle position..

Don't post results they are irrelevant except for notes, they skew people's thinking. Flop call 3 bet normally but under these circumstances I agree with the cap because of the short stack. I didn't look at the results but I have to assume you are up against KK or AA.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:06 AM

It looks good to me, your flop raise is for protection. But not protection from the hearts flush draw, by raising it and having that many callers its just making someone with a flush draw more money, they have to much equity. Just wanted to point that out.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:22 AM

giving that villain is short stacked I would just wait and raise turn to protect my hand.

1st flop raise is for value 2nd probably also has value (and dont protect cus pot is just to big and many hands have to cold call 2)

So if flop raise is for probably value and dont protect our hand and turn raise do it the same + protect our hand so why just wait until turn ?

edit: as played im not sure i would raise when 2nd 9 comes. probably i would just call down and hope villains have lower pp or FD.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks good to me, your flop raise is for protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

The raise is mainly for value. I think that is important to understand in order to get a good feel for what limit is about. More often than not you bet and raise with the very natural idea that you have the best hand and want yor opps to put in bets with second best hands. New players seems to think that raises is for every reason but value. That is wrong and will damage your game IMO.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:32 AM

The raise is mainly for value. I think that is important to understand in order to get a good feel for what limit is about. More often than not you bet and raise with the very natural idea that you have the best hand and want yor opps to put in bets with second best hands. New players seems to think that raises is for every reason but value. That is wrong and will damage your game IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking at the time ..

even if I don't have the best hand .. there is a chance that I have the best hand. So I want all the hands that I beat to contribute to the pot so If I hit I can hit a big pot.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:10 PM

I think I'd probably just call the turn. His flop 3bet is indicating strength here...
Old 11-10-2007, 03:30 PM

:g:

Dont post results, but that has probably alread been said. When you cap flop and Villan leads turn, he is not joking so call down from there. The second 9 changes nothing.