Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Song Spoilers for Top 3 Week

MJ's is reporting that the judge's choices are out:

Melinda
Randy chose Whitney Houston's "I Believe In You And Me"

Blake
Paula chose The Police's "Roxanne"

Jordin
Simon chose Rose Royce's "Wishing On A Star"
Jordin also told classmates her personal choice would be a reprise of "I Who Have Nothing" from BI night.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Song Spoilers for Top 3 Week

My guess is Melinda will choose "My Funny Valentine" and Blake will do that Bon Jovi song. No clue what Clive will pick.

Last year Paula picked out Elliott's song. Can't remember who picked Taylor's song, but I'm leaning towards Simon. Can anyone confirm/deny?
Old 05-12-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blake

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I think he'll butcher the hell out of this if he does it. Bee Gees week showed he can't sing higher ranges very well, this could be ugly.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My guess is Melinda will choose "My Funny Valentine" and Blake will do that Bon Jovi song. No clue what Clive will pick.

Last year Paula picked out Elliott's song. Can't remember who picked Taylor's song, but I'm leaning towards Simon. Can anyone confirm/deny?

[/ QUOTE ]

Simon picked McPhee's song. It was her best performance of the competition. Somewhere Over the Rainbow. She showed what a beautiful voice she has. I wish Simon was selecting the song for Melinda rather than Randy.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:08 PM

But yo dawg, if Randy picks, it'll have that YO factor, you know dawg? It may still be pitchy and not his favorite, however. Dawg.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But yo dawg, if Randy picks, it'll have that YO factor, you know dawg? It may still be pitchy and not his favorite, however. Dawg.

[/ QUOTE ]

Simon is the key to influencing the public so if he picks the song it will not only be a good song choice but he will probably love it. Hey, his kiss kept Lakisha alive.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Simon is the key to influencing the public so if he picks the song it will not only be a good song choice but he will probably love it. Hey, his kiss kept Lakisha alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait if Simon was the key to influencing the public shouldn't Kat have won? Thank you for the info, I remember that performance now, it was pretty good even tho as a former drama student I have seen that song performed WAY too many times.

Good luck to you with your Melinda bets. Nice to see you're still in high spirits after Lakisha was booted.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, the contestants cannot re-use a song this week - they have to sing something new. Next week, though, they have to reprise an earlier song, so expect to hear "My Funny Valentine" and/or "I Who Have Nothing" - I'm not sure what Blake would choose.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Blake

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I think he'll butcher the hell out of this if he does it. Bee Gees week showed he can't sing higher ranges very well, this could be ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]
They'll change the key and he'll sing it full voice. I bet it will be pretty good. I'm worried about Melinda.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Wait if Simon was the key to influencing the public shouldn't Kat have won?

[/ QUOTE ]

The point was that she will do well on the song he selects and get praise from him that week. She did incredible on that song and got lots of praise. In fact it was the best performance of the season. She sailed through that week. After that she was on her own and she just couldn't stop the insane Taylor train.
[ QUOTE ]
Good luck to you with your Melinda bets. Nice to see you're still in high spirits after Lakisha was booted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I wouldn't say I am in high spirits but thanks a lot for the nice thoughts! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]