Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: ** New & Improved ** Pokerstars Regulars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My normal game is a mix of 5/10, 3/6 and 2/4

[/ QUOTE ]

You play 2/4 and 5/10 at the same time? I don't believe you...but if you do then that's impressive! Or you have a bad winrate...I play 3/6-10/20 and whenever I am playing 10/20 I tend to spew terribly at 3/6 so I stopped mixing limits that wide..I can only mix consecutive levels well now...

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh sometimes there are only like two tables of 5/10 going, wtf is someone supposed to do
Old 11-07-2007, 05:12 PM

thoughts on kingoclubs? seems to be a decent laggytag
Old 11-07-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread is definitely not improved, lol.

lock plz

[/ QUOTE ]

We're having a long overdue conversation here main.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the conversation is a good one, but slightly outside the realm of this thread. From what I understand, we are to be addressing specific regulars.

FWIW, I consider any player beating a level to be 'good' at it. If you win at a skill game you are, by definition, good at it. Obviously some are better than others.

We all have different skill sets and comfort zones. What is right for you, may not be right for someone else. There are tonnes of ways to win at this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. However, disagree about the lock. As one of the proponents for bringing this thread back, lets get back on track [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This points are interesting though and I'm very happy with the level off discussion going on, its a lot more mature so far then last time and I think we are all being respectful and some quality discussion is taking place even if its a little off topic, its all good.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, the hate is just too much around here guys.

Let's just chill. Ok. Some of you guys need to smoke a J, sit back, relax, and just rag on the 50nl players. Or maybe watch your equalizer and eat some cupcakes and Taco Bell, K?

You guys gotta realize you have to have an ego to be good at this game. We all do. I mean it is a very humbling experience for me to look at PT and see "2/4nl, 60k hands, 1.4ptbb." Guess what guys, I'm a "bad" reg and I'm a "good" reg. I beat 400nl, that is an accomplishment, and compared to 80% of the players I am great, and compared to the 20% of the players better than me(it might be 30 or 40, IMO), I am not a good reg. It is all in the eyes of the beholders, and IMO I really see no reason to argue it. Some people view others that are worse than them as bad regs, some view people that don't win as bad regs. Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeessssss.

Word to your mother, Peace up, A-Town down, yea yea, get that money ya'll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can probably beat all of you up =) this makes me cool as well =)
Old 11-07-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My normal game is a mix of 5/10, 3/6 and 2/4

[/ QUOTE ]

You play 2/4 and 5/10 at the same time? I don't believe you...but if you do then that's impressive! Or you have a bad winrate...I play 3/6-10/20 and whenever I am playing 10/20 I tend to spew terribly at 3/6 so I stopped mixing limits that wide..I can only mix consecutive levels well now...

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh sometimes there are only like two tables of 5/10 going, wtf is someone supposed to do

[/ QUOTE ]

cliffnotes- soah is accually a good player and your not(srsly).

o yeah i love how this thread has turned out so far.

lock lock plz =)
Old 11-07-2007, 05:34 PM

Highpothead? Thoughts?

I think they are a pretty unorthodox regular at NL100, playing a tad bit looser and more passive then most of the other winning regular players. They have some flaws, but over a significant sample in my DB they are a 3ptbb winner.

Similarily, Jrockhaf I used to think was one of the worst NL100 regulars, however, recently they have definatly improved their game and are becoming tough to play against.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:35 PM

NT=TOOLBOX, you contribute nothing to this thread but just jump in and post trash, and then ask for a lock? Seriously, just stay away and stop trying to stir up [censored], that evidently has subsided.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I go thru 1/2 2/4 and 3/6 to find the best games as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also would prefer to play just 1 level but the table selection at 2/4 isn't always the best. I've started adding FTP to the mix to help with that, but so far it seems like the differences between Stars 2/4 and Tilt 2/4 might be > the difference between Stars 1/2 & Stars 2/4?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr Body sir, can you elaborate?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:52 PM

Old 11-07-2007, 06:00 PM

okay im kinda shocked i havent been mentioned considering ive played over 200k in hands in the last 3 monthes at NL 100 on stars but thats chill heres my opinions on some people:

Upay: similar to my play in general, stay out of his way and dont set mine him at all, shows me respect for the most part

Tenven: spewy, 3 bets regulars too much, look to trap him (preferably with check raise) with big hands and draws but never 3 bet with air

jrockhaf: check raise is always a monster, nitty player postflop, dont go broke against him with top pair top kicker if hes showing aggression

1pokerboy: averge 2+2 player preflop (3bet is AK+, JJ+ 95% of the time) postflop agression is pretty strong thou but dont go over the top on him with much air

Sandviper: tight preflop and can overplay big pairs too much against a villians obvious show of strength

amazaments73: a poormans upay similar play just not as good, 3 bets aggressive players from blinds as a defender

on empty: always shouts out the bills so i like him lol, typical abc

pipedream: total set miner, he shows aggression u fold instantly

DavidM36: never sit on his blinds when your the button, 3 bets a ton and shows a lot of aggression, makes opening very difcult from late position, avoids me when at other spots on table

I will do more but i gotta go eat and look over my notes those are just the players from memory