Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: 100NL Top set against unknown

Were you actually considering a fold?
Old 10-24-2007, 02:51 PM

No. I did snap call.

Really a better conundrum if it's an overpair instead of set.....shoulda posted this hand as an overpair. That raises more questions.

I was trying to think of a problem that revolves around limping a big pair for a reason as I am seeing more and more playahs on FTP limp in EP with premiums. This hand was close to that scenerio.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.. his $7 turn bet would look tremendously suspect AFTER HE POTTED THE FLOP and I would just call and see what he does on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

..and allow a FD to get there cheaply? With the line he took, I consider FD as a good percentage of his hand.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:58 PM

85/50 are coldcalling with plenty of [censored]. I don't get where you have the idea or have been able to notice him folding to a raise preflop. More than 15% of the time someone else will open. Apparently, your read was off pretty badly and in a key aspect.

Raise the flop harder ($15) so you can get it in by the river. Also, once he donks the turn for some retarded amount make it like $36 at the minimum.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
.. his $7 turn bet would look tremendously suspect AFTER HE POTTED THE FLOP and I would just call and see what he does on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

..and allow a FD to get there cheaply? With the line he took, I consider FD as a good percentage of his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limped pot. Limped pot. Limped pot. It's a part of his range but I think you're being really optimistic about it being a bare flushdraw -- set, pair + fd, combo draw (that got there on the turn on terms of the straight AND of 2 pair) is more likely and he's calling you down anyway but from my experience this type of situation is a BB special way more often than not.

You are beating top pair here, you think he's stacking off with that?

If you ARE that fearful of a FD, you realize that if it hits on the river and he pots it you can fold, right? It's not that huge of a mistake.

Again, he POTS the flop and 1/6th pots the turn. With a hand with really good SD value like overpair KK here but with his range really undefined I'm going for the cheapest SD possible.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Limped pot. Limped pot. Limped pot. It's a part of his range but I think you're being really optimistic about it being a bare flushdraw -- set, pair + fd, combo draw (that got there on the turn on terms of the straight AND of 2 pair) is more likely and he's calling you down anyway but from my experience this type of situation is a BB special way more often than not.

You are beating top pair here, you think he's stacking off with that?

If you ARE that fearful of a FD, you realize that if it hits on the river and he pots it you can fold, right? It's not that huge of a mistake.

Again, he POTS the flop and 1/6th pots the turn. With a hand with really good SD value like overpair KK here but with his range really undefined I'm going for the cheapest SD possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

except against an 85/50 donkey we have top set and i'm trying to get all the money into the pot because these guys don't even read the board correctly most of the time.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:32 PM

No, the hand posted is a VERY obvious situation. He asked what if the flop was QUEEN high so he had overpair KK in that situation. That's what I responded to.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fistpump
press call button
collect winnings

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get where you have the idea or have been able to notice him folding to a raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I was one tabling. Pretty sure I'm closer to the truth than your assessment. I was mining and adding hands 4 at a time. Plus had over 250 hands from April.

Note from then suggested the fold or cc/pair thing.