Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Re: *** August Graphs / Sept Goals ***

[ QUOTE ]
Here is my month...

This is all at 50NL.

For September, my goals are:

- Finally see the Illini football team win some games while I am at this school.

- Play 15k hands of poker this month. Maybe throw in a table of 100NL when I'm feeling frisky. I've only played about 10k hands total of 50NL, so I'd like to play at least another 10k to see if I am just running super hot or if I actually might be decent at this game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

- Get GoldStar (which will probably take a bit more than 1k hands, but is attainable).

- Continue playing well and not tilting.

Pretty standard stuff...

[/ QUOTE ]

not sayyin ur not good...but u havnt even experienced a downswing yet. give it another 20K hands and see how ure doin. PM if ur on FTP 50nl as well. wud love to talk with some1 else in the game
Old 08-30-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you guys ever move up? If you made 10k this month plus a preexisting roll then you should definitely be rolled for 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

You talking about me? I am def. rolled for 3/6, lol, I just am still trying to learn the game. I have only been playing 9 months and am decent but not great yet. I mean the 8k or so from play is only 2ptbb. I think I need to improve and keep analyzing my play before I move up.

I still have a lot to learn about this game sir, so that is my reason for not moving up right now. I should be playing some 2/4 this month depending on how I run.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are sick, I have a winrate of >2ptbb/100 in ring games but I just don't put the hands in and lose so [censored] much in donkaments, HU, and 6max.

Ok, my goals for this month are no 6max or HU then and no SNGs over $25 because I also suck at those. Should be pretty easy, but I lack discipline. Also, another goal is to attend >75% of classes (I have one thats a joke and I won't go to much, but should go to the others).
Old 08-30-2007, 08:33 PM

Old 08-30-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not sayyin ur not good...but u havnt even experienced a downswing yet. give it another 20K hands and see how ure doin. PM if ur on FTP 50nl as well. wud love to talk with some1 else in the game

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play on FTP, sorry [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

My biggest "downswing" of the month was like 2.5 buyins, I've read that 3-buyin downswings are pretty standard. Also, I only 4-tabled for the most part, and just began 6-tabling the last 1.5k hands or so. I think it would be harder for me to go on a 5+ BI downswing just because I play a fewer number of tables at one time and have good discipline to quit if I'm playing bad.

By posting the graph I'm not saying 10+ ptbb/100 is sustainable, I know I've been running good for the month. However, I don't think my swings will be quite as wide as the players who play 8+ tables at a time.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play on FTP, sorry [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

My biggest "downswing" of the month was like 2.5 buyins, I've read that 3-buyin downswings are pretty standard. Also, I only 4-tabled for the most part, and just began 6-tabling the last 1.5k hands or so. I think it would be harder for me to go on a 5+ BI downswing just because I play a fewer number of tables at one time and have good discipline to quit if I'm playing bad.

By posting the graph I'm not saying 10+ ptbb/100 is sustainable, I know I've been running good for the month. However, I don't think my swings will be quite as wide as the players who play 8+ tables at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh...gotchya. didnt even look at ur winrate...just ur overall graph shape. gl moving up in table volume. it gets fun. my goal is 20tabling by Xmas. only at 10now
Old 08-30-2007, 08:46 PM

lol at over 5 buy ins being hard variance will catch up with ya

heres my [censored], bad end of the month blah whatever, time to get drunk
Old 08-30-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you guys ever move up? If you made 10k this month plus a preexisting roll then you should definitely be rolled for 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

what 3/6 games?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:19 PM

no kidding. I had an 8bi downswing in my graph and I'm a standard TAG, 4bi's of which were two outers on the river.

Someone who played a maniac or LAG style would be in for terrible variance.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at over 5 buy ins being hard

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-30-2007, 09:41 PM

I don't normally set goals because I can't play nearly as many hands as most of you, but I generally like to maintain at least 50 cents per hand at the levels I mainly play at, 2/4 and 3/6. Last month about $1 per hand, since month had some ups and downs near the end so near 60 cents pr hand.

Prodigy, good luck at 2/4 shots, maybe I'll see you at the tables!