FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Cal or fold?
Call 45 86.54%
Fold 7 13.46%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Re: d10 drives home from work, a trip report

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting that op passed in the turn lane risking head on collision and the discussion is about tailgating and brake checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

The latter two are much bigger risks. The most obvious reason for this truth is the longer reaction times illegal passing provides. I suspect everyone but you gets this intuitively which is why it was not mentioned.

With that said, I hope OP matures before he gets shot on the side of the road but frankly a good part of me hopes for the non complicit latter because I certainly wouldn't want to share the road with him. At some point it becomes about what you have to lose, OP seems like an angry self destructive child who hopefully does not have many who care for and depend on him.

J
Old 05-24-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you weren't tailgating then why did the brake check piss you off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I wasn't tailgating. If I had been tailgating, the brake check would not have pissed me off at all, it would be amusing to know I've pissed someone off enough to pull a weak ass move like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were the pickup guy, I'd be laughing that I pissed some guy off enough that he had to pass me in the turn lane illegally and then decided to show how big his dick is by picking up a [censored] cinder block and threatening me with it. You both lost your minds here, you're both jackasses.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I wasn't tailgating.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes you were. Why don't you understand that one car length is tailgating?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL you're both idiots. You for tailgating, him for brake checking.

Although I do love to brake check people who insist on tailgating me.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is literally no downside to this move. If it works as desired you piss off the douche behind you, if he hits you, hilarity ensues and it's his fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

The downside is it's fn retarded. Why do tailgaters piss you off? Because they might hit you, because they're making driving more dangerous? Hmm yeah lets slam on our breaks that will make everything better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're supposed to allow one car length for every 10 miles per hour in speed.

If I'm doing 50 and I see somone 5 feet behind me, it pissed me off, because if I did have to slam on my breaks they would rear end the [censored] out of me.

And fwiw, a break check should only be firm enough to activate the break lights, which would only slow a 50 mph vehicle to say, 45 mph, which isn't dangerous, but it does convey the message to the impatient idiot behind you that they need to back off.

The best thing to do to tailgaters like OP is to drive the speed limit and dont pass the cars in front of you, just drive within one car length of them, thus preventing the tailgater douche behind you from reaching the next red light before everybody else.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Faster" often means "40 mph" in rush hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea how fast that is for rush hour. Try Dallas or LA during rush hour. 10-15 mph.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I wasn't tailgating.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes you were. Why don't you understand that one car length is tailgating?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP was w/o a doubt tailgaiting. And it's not even close. In fact, if OP had pulled a stunt like he did with a lot of random drivers in Texas, it would have resulted in a physical altercation. I know plenty of guys who would have charged you with that cinder block in your hands, and you or your car would have really gotten [censored].

OP, just calm down. It's just transportation. If you have a very small penis I could understand the physcological aspects of needing validation via driving like a prick, but otherwise just chill out and lose your road rage, b/c this is road rage, and it's really ignorant and narrow minded.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was very relaxed today. Not in the mood to make any aggressive moves to squeeze past one more car, which I do quite often. Just cruising along the road doing 65 in a 45, but content to slow down if I hit traffic. So I'm driving down this road on my way home, and I come up on some traffic. It looks a bit like this mspaint:

So I slow down in the right lane, and as the cars in the left work their way past I move to the left. Apparently douchebag in the pickup truck (yes, specifying pickup truck is important, because the average douchebag level of a guy driving a pickup truck is higher than other motorists) that I moved behind didn't like how close I came to him, even though I gave him at least a half car length if not a full car length of space, so he brake checks me. AGGGGGGHHHH I am not relaxed anymore. But I am smart and douchebag brake chekers are predictable. So I begin to creep up on him until I'm confident that he is about to brake check me again. As soon as he does I am ready, I am down a gear and I quickly slide out into the turn lane and I'm half way past this guy before he even gets off the brakes. His braking has left just enough space for me to slide back in front of him. I briefly considered just going ahead and passing the guy in front of him as well since I'm already illegally passing in the turn lane, and doing so would have put me back on clear roads, but I chose to stop just in front of him as a means to better display my dominance.

At this point I'm just about past a group of cars on the right and there is enough room to pass the last guy in front of me in the left lane legally using the right lane. So I do that just as douchebag pickup truck guy decides to pass the same car using the turn lane. I get back into the left lane as he's still passing the first car and attempting to pass me. I can't have that, so I speed up to stay in front of him, but not too much because there is a car traveling in the other direction ahead using the turn lane for its intended purpose, I want to keep the back half of my car equal with the front half of the pickup so that he can't just slide in behind me, he has to brake and slide in, basically a conscious decision on his part to admitting defeat. Again I exert my dominance.

We come up to a stoplight and he is behind me. I see him waving his arms and yelling. At first I think he is yelling at me, even though I can't hear him. Then I realize he is yelling at a guy who has stopped next to us in the right lane and exited his car to tell us both how we are retards. I give the stopped guy a "sup bro?" and then my light turns green so I'm like "I'm out, holla".

I continue on towards my house. Douchebag pickup continues to follow. I turn into the entrance to my neighborhood, and made a circle just to be sure this douchebag following me was not just a coincidence. It looks like this:

No way I'm letting this guy follow me to my house. Unfortunately I had nothing in my car that I would feel comfortable using as a weapon. Fortunately this neighborhood was under construction. So I stopped, jumped out, picked up a loose cinder block laying on the side of the road and went to talk to this guy. He started to get out of his truck. I told him to get back in, because even with a cinder block I don't feel like fighting, fortunately he did. We exchanged some [censored] yous and [censored] and then he drove off.

Moral of the story, don't brake check, it pisses people off.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP has problems with mad drivers following him to his home
Old 05-24-2007, 02:31 PM

I should also note that it this was going to be a very serious case of road rage, a cinder block would have done nothing as you would have already been shot and killed exiting the car.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP has problems with mad drivers following him to his home

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and see last time you all taught me that I should not allow crazy people to follow me to my house, that's why I stopped and ended things with a cinder block, so I dunno why everyone is telling me that was a bad idea now?
Old 05-24-2007, 06:43 PM

Hi officer. Yeah, I'm pretty shaken up. Yeah, I'll tell what happened. Basically I was following this guy who almost caused an accident on the highway. I was pretty pissed, I can't deny it but he was driving like a total [censored] idiot. So I followed him because I wanted to give him a piece of my mind and tell him what a [censored] idiot he is. We both finally stopped here and we got out of our cars. Next thing I see is him coming toward me with a cinder block in hand. He was already quite close and I feared for my life so I unholstered my Glock 23 and fired one shot for center mass. I didn't mean to kill him but he was already so close I didn't have time to warn him off.

A witness confirms that the victim had picked up a cinder block.

And later the shooter says to some friends, "when this stupid [censored] picked up that cinder block I knew there was a God, hahahahaha".

Who knows, maybe one day you will get into it with the wrong person. Maybe a hell's angel or something and that will be the end of your excellent driving.