Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Official Toronto Raptors 2007 Thread

They're getting better with every game and are currently 3 games up on the Nets. Bargnani is ever improving, Calderon and Ford give them a 1 and 1a PG combo. Bosh is as good as ever and Parker, Rasho, Garbojosa, Mopete are all contributing. They look scary good at home of late and can compete with any team in the league at home, however they do need to improve their road record if they are going to improve from the 4 spot in the East, which I think they have a good chance of doing if they keep playing as they are of late.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Official Toronto Raptors 2007 Thread

It is fun watching Bargnani develop. I think he's gonna be a very good player in a couple of years. He makes a lot of mistakes, but never seems to make the same mistake twice.

It's incredible how Colangelo took a team that was in shambles and turned it into a decent team in one year. I look forward to seeing where this team will be in 3 or 4 years.

It is a pleasure to watch Chris Bosh. The kid is total class, and works hard, even though he could slack off like a lot of stars do.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:21 PM

bigt2k4,

If you're going to have any chance at maintaining this thread I hope your basketball knowledge exceeds your hockey knowledge.

The Raps have had a nice run of late but I'd be more worried about them maintaining their lead in the Atlantic vs. thinking they have any shot of finishing any higher than fourth.

We all knew two weeks ago that the Raptors were heading into a crucial stretch. They had a bunch of home games against moderate to lousy teams to look forward to. They did as they needed to and chalked up a bunch of wins. Their upcoming schedule isn't so soft.

Talk to me in 10 games (after they play Houston). Then we will see if you have cause for optimism. Long term this team is looking pretty sweet but I wouldn't get too excited about this year.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:26 AM

They're cash money.

I understand the need for guarded optimism but they could take any team in the East to 6 or 7 games in a series right now. They play like a Western Conference team, the likes of Clevland would have no shot against them.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the likes of Clevland would have no shot against them.

[/ QUOTE ]Cleveland is a team that made the second round last year. When is the last time the Raptors were even in the playoffs? I understand your optimism, but you're getting ahead of yourself. Theres a lot of season left, and a team like Cleveland could improve a ton by playoff time.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:24 AM

I think I have great hockey knowledge.

The thing I love about the Raptors the most is their depth, with bench players like Calderon, Graham, Mopete, and Bargnani they can play 3 games in 4 nights and not be too worn out. Also, I missed the game tonight due to night class, but they put up 113, so I assume they shot pretty well. The Raptors offence has looked phenominal the last 4 games, albeit against mediocre competition, I believe they shot over 50% all the games and close to 60% in 2 of them.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:29 AM

I still have my doubts as to whether or not they will make the playoffs this year, but it's nice to finally watch an entertaining team that hustles.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:32 AM

Bosh with 41 tonight, he is ridiculous.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:53 AM

I think Calderon is the future at the point. He just seems more fluid running the show than Ford, and doesn't hold the ball too long like TJ tends to do at times. I think he has Parker and perhaps even Nash type potential. Bargnani is going to be so sick, and I think he'll pass Bosh when it is all said and done.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Calderon is the future at the point. He just seems more fluid running the show than Ford, and doesn't hold the ball too long like TJ tends to do at times. I think he has Parker and perhaps even Nash type potential. Bargnani is going to be so sick, and I think he'll pass Bosh when it is all said and done.

[/ QUOTE ]

No and No. I love how we have team oriented Euro's on our roster, but the bottom line is Bosch and Ford will be the two biggest pieces of this team.