Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: 1,000th post: Revealing my secret identity

[ QUOTE ]
Do you feel you are adequately compensated for your services?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, though I would gladly accept a raise. One can always use more money, I suppose.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever fallen out? If so what about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly. I did get into a verbal fight with his poker-playing roommate, who has not been very kind to me in general, in front of him - I later called to apologize for losing my temper. It's only been like a month, though. Maybe we'll have a falling out over this thread when he gets back from Aruba (but I think it should be cool).
Old 10-02-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt be suprised if this was a multiaccount built to 1000posts for credibility just so good2cu could praise himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be kind of funny, but no, I am very much good2cu's man.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-02-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow... How does it feel to be someone's b itch? Is it demoralizing? Does it hurt your self esteem?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've essentially been asked this by people before. This is way better than my last job. The hours are flexible, the work is easier, and it pays more. I don't mind doing someone's chores if I'm getting paid well, and I'm confident enough in my identity and value that I don't need to worry much about who I work for.

[ QUOTE ]
Second, do you have any friends or know anyone in NYC that would be willing to be my personal assistant for $15/hr (Seriously)?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't, but put an ad in the paper. Good2cu used allmsu (a website for MSU students) for free and got several responses (though I was not one of those). $15 an hour is a lot, especially for young people.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did get into a verbal fight with his poker-playing roommate, who has not been very kind to me in general, in front of him

[/ QUOTE ]

details?
Old 10-02-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt be suprised if this was a multiaccount built to 1000posts for credibility just so good2cu could praise himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be kind of funny, but no, I am very much Dumbledore's man.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-02-2007, 02:22 PM

this is so awesome. please provide an answer for that sentance.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did get into a verbal fight with his poker-playing roommate, who has not been very kind to me in general, in front of him

[/ QUOTE ]

details?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gyeh... I have to be careful about what I say...
Person in question (let's call him Jalex Jforger, to protect his identity) is best friend to mutual friend of me and good2cu, and friend/roommate to good2cu himself. He and I had gone with mutual friend to Cedar Point over the summer, and argued there when I tired of his talk of banging girls and smoking weed all the time, and asked him if he ever just considered even trying to be a good person (this is my religious upbringing rearing its head). I am a huge fan of our mutual friend, but I feel like Jalex is a really bad influence on him, in addition to treating his girlfriend like crap and leading a lifestyle that just annoys me in general.
Fast forward to me working for g2cu, Jalex grinding the micro limits and trying to be a good poker player, and us being generally civil to each other. At times, I had given him advice and watched him play, my interest in helping another micro player taking over. Then, after a particular beat that g2cu and I witnessed, Jalex lost his temper and was punching his desk, yelling, etc. We both cautioned him that he should control his temper/emotions or he would never be a winning player. He turned on me and told me that when he wanted my advice he would ask for it, and it's not as if I was his friend or my opinion had any value. I responded unkindly (for which I later apologized to g2cu).
Old 10-02-2007, 02:31 PM

fkn jalex
Old 10-02-2007, 02:48 PM

Just the thread I needed, thanks for doing this.

Quick question on the payment - I assume youre not doing work for full hours and whatnot, but maybe the odd chore here and there with some breaks here and there. During these "breaks" are you still being paid hourly or what? Or do you just show up for work at certain times of the day and in that period of time you just handle everything he needs you to do?

Also, do you chauffeur him?