Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 08:42 AM

Default 10NL, Trying to get worse hands to call

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $9.80
BB: $12.00
Disturbing (UTG): $9.50 (A little loose, calls smaller bets too much)
Hero (CO): $10.50
BTN: $6.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
Disturbing calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.60</font>, 3 folds, Disturbing calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.35) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Disturbing bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, Disturbing calls $1.00

Turn: ($4.35) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Disturbing checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.35) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Disturbing bets $1.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>,

Definitely feel that I could have bet the turn, but given my read, I think this line keeps a big range in for a resonable amount, I believe this has a higher expentation than getting AI. What do you think?
Old 08-20-2007, 08:49 AM

Default Re: 10NL, Trying to get worse hands to call

I don't think there's a standard formula here. It's very read dependent IMO. I know some guys who will call a push everytime they're reraised - obviously only at the micros - I play NL 5 but I'm sure they're there at NL 10. In your hand, the flush draw puts me off playing this slowly and I probably just call at the end (no stats for opponent so I assume just your basic NL 10 player playing ABC poker?)

To illustrate, last night a hand was reraised into my AA in the BB. I pushed and both the original raiser and the reraiser called for full stacks flipping over KK (ok I suppose) and JJ for the raiser. A few hands later I had the same thing happen when an opponent had 77. I myself had QQ in a hand and laid it down to a pre-flop push. All different so I reckon the read is important here.