Old 11-10-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Official FortunaMaximus Rambling Thread

Pls concider joining pogchat :P
Old 11-10-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pls concider joining pogchat :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] How do I do that?
Old 11-10-2007, 12:44 PM

1) Install AIM -> http://dashboard.aim.com/aim
2) Click on buddy chat, type your username in the top box and pogchat in the bottom one (you invite yourself)

But do it sometime in the evening, noone there currently :P
Old 11-10-2007, 12:52 PM

I've got AIM.

Thanks for the info.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:48 PM

The rust's off. Still a bit card-dead in cash but since it's micro, I'm still managing a pretty good WR over 500 hands. Also crushing the 3/45's so it's nice to build a roll instead of use it to tiltdonk and get out my aggression and mania. It's mostly gone though. (The aggromania, not the BR. lol) I'll decide later if the creative spurts were worth it, but at least it's in one place to look. I don't care to search for the rest.

Bored right now and done with poker for awhile.

I'd like to walk to Alpha Centauri one day. I'm not kidding. There's enough matter in the Galaxy to make such an absurd gigantic mall possible. Stop, smell the roses, take in what must be a magnificent view. All those stars, no sun to interfere.

Sometimes I feel I'm more of a quantum equation perpetually resolving itself than I am a human being. Spookiness rendering life/death meaningless. I just exist.

Perhaps the AI's know what I'm talking about. Gonna go for a walk. It's a nice, cool day out, not the gunky rainsnow we had earlier this week. Sunny too.

'till then.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:18 PM

Qualifies as a ramble, never mind the content, it's intended for someone.

Yeah, it's possible. The growth and structurals are going to take so damn long. Good thing is we don't have to repeat the cycles again. So so so so many iterations it's almost sick.

Pinkjack the b-counts. Doesn't matter but we need the pain. It makes for the hardest build. And that's the best way if we're going to have a coherent infinite structure. It's necessary and you know that as well as I do.

[censored] 'em. I just need one, and there's space enough. It's a ghostfade anyway and I'm not too worried about the consequences.

I need that sum of time. To resolve the QTT. It's all that matters. And if I'm wrong, well, it recycles and I'm back at the bridge. No big.

Jacking on a perpetual feed? It's a self-brutalization. And why not? Nothing else really holds my interest. It isn't affecting others and that's just fine by me.

<font color="pink">G'lian struflow. </font>

Readers:

As I said, never mind. If you get the gist, get it. Just leave that particular paradox alone. It's too dangerous for most.

K.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:49 PM

'evah.

Good first day in cash, 2 buyins over 1k hands. Adios donkaments. Only 10NL but hey, gotta start somewhere. I'm a bit overrolled, and that's the way I like it. Nice to be able to put in the volume and know your long-term plans for poker stretch across years.

I don't think I'm playing purely for the money though. It keeps me focused on something for x hours a day instead of trying to express what I'm beginning to understand about quantum temporal theory. I know it doesn't exist in schools in 2007, but I never was one for college. It's too slow.

Standing tall and alone and absorbing infinity in increments... Why not? I can handle it now. Although the implosion earlier this year, yeah, that was an interesting transition.

So I'm not completely sane by early 21st standards. WTFC? At least I'm grounded and rational.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:29 PM

Make sure to post in the uNL every now and then and read the stickies.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:07 PM

Surfing it some already on a friend's advice. And thanks. It's good advice.

I've got a lot to learn about cash though. No more large-field donkaments except for fun, and I'll still have the 45-turbos as my mainstay to build the bankroll. Simply 'cause they're so soft.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:17 PM

The philosophy of large numbers and the ramifications of understanding an omega civilization's mindset:

You can't do the work for a species. They have to develop by themselves and make their leaps. There's space plenty, of course, and barriers. They're natural ones though.

A bit on quantum temporal theory and what it would bring for h. sapiens...

It'll take centuries, but Earth is already developing a cohesive neural net. Internet/humanity. And there are several emergent AI-like structures already evolving. See spambots, the seemingly self-organized chaos that is the 'net.

And in time, it'll take centuries, but we will develop a structure in which we can refer backwards through history and fill in the blanks. But once we've done that, that's a major first step. After that, we can develop the technology to bring them back.

In essence, the task lies to ourselves to build Paradise. Because if God exists, it isn't his job to let billions, trillions, quadrillions fall awry. Nor is it to do the job of building the theortical kingdom of 'dise for them.

Never mind baryonic matter. That's a human bigotry. So is small-minded thoughts about carbon being the only medium in which life arises.

Life and intelligence is stranger than that. It's based on energy and knowingly battling entropy.