Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Some hands from 6-seat $11 on Party

PartyPoker $11 Regular Tournament, Big Blind is t40 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t2060)
UTG+1 (t1960)
CO (t2480)
Button (t1940)
SB (t1520)
BB (t2040)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises to t100</font>, UTG+1 calls t100, SB calls t80

Flop: (t340) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 players)
Both players are loose passive preflop and I donīt know much about them postflop.
1) What should I do?

PartyPoker $11 Regular Tournament, Big Blind is t60 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t320)
UTG+1 (t2470)
CO (t1380)
Button (t4300)
Hero (t1680)
BB (t1850)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises to t320 (All-in)</font>, Button calls t320
Both players are loose passive, but UTG might be on tilt due to a disturbing last hand.
2) What should I do?

PartyPoker $11 Regular Tournament, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t2500)
CO (t2450)
Button (t2800)
SB (t1660)
Hero (t2590)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">CO raises to t400</font>, Hero calls t200

Flop: (t900) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t550</font>, CO calls t550

Turn: (t2000) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 players)
<font color="red">CO bets t400</font>, Hero calls t400

River: (t2800) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 players)
CO is loose and a little passive preflop.
3) What should I have done on the flop?
CO has on a couple of occasions earlier made small bets on turn or river on a scary board when the other players show weakness.
4) What should I have done on the turn?
5)What should I do on the river?
Old 01-19-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Some hands from 6-seat $11 on Party

1. fold preflop
2. push
3. I fold this, unless I have reason to beleive he would fold to a push. Then I push

as played c/f, c/f, c/f
Old 01-19-2007, 01:13 PM

1. easy fold pf
2. Push
3. Fold on every street
Old 01-19-2007, 01:18 PM

1. fold preflop
2. call and fold if BB pushes. If BB calls, play a little post flop if you get a piece.
3. By passive, do you mean he has not raised much pre-flop? If this is his first time raising pre-flop, I probably call, and check fold this flop. If villain has been min-raising from the button and cutoff regularly, I wouldn't hate a push if you think he will fold. Calling isn't terrible here either and betting out on the flop, but I check fold if he calls and I don't improve.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:34 PM

On number 1 I am not so interested in whether I should have played the hand or not, but what I should do on the flop now that I am in this mess.

[ QUOTE ]

3. By passive, do you mean he has not raised much pre-flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

He had a VP$IP of 35% and a PFR of 15%, so I had the impression that he raised the hands he should play preflop, but called/limped with lots of extra hands he should not have played.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:35 PM

this is a 6 man sng, not a 9/10 man. playing AJ in a shorthanded game here is perfectly acceptable/standard.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:39 PM

For the first hand, as played, I would bet out 160ish and shut it down after that. Even in a 6 man, I don't think I would play AJo UTG this early in the tournament.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:02 PM

Hand 1. Not that it will make much of a difference i would raise to t120. Post flop I am checking and reevaluating when it gets back. Any show of strength and I fold. Two villans who like to call passively with AKQJx just might have caught that flop.

Hand 2. I fold. In a $11 especially a 6-man after Big Stack Button has flat called a shove of 5BB I do not think you have enough FE to make this +$EV. You will get called too often here IMHO. Calling OOP for 5BB just sucks.

Hand 3. Check/Fold flop. Check raise All-in a safe turn. Given your read. Beware they will play a set/bluff the same way on the turn.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:36 PM

Hand 1: Bet about t125. C-betting into two people isn't usually a good idea, but they're both loose-passive (or you can assume from their preflop play) and there's almost nothing on the board they could have hit or be drawing to.

Hand 2: Uh... fold? Calling shouldn't even cross your mind here.

Hand 3: This one is difficult.
preflop: I hate folding here but sometimes I will just because the hand is very hard to play OOP. Given your read, you are dominated by a lot of his raising range, but not so much of it you immediately get away from the hand if he plays along. The other option you have here is to push. It looks suicidal, but don't you think he would have raised more with a really big hand he was unwilling to fold? Good hand = raise more. The min-raise is often a "tester" and screams "I will fold this hand if someone re-raises." Calling is OK some of the time, so assuming you call...

flop: A-crap is a big part of his min-raising range. I like leading, but not for so much. Whether you're called, raised, or win with a fold, that flop bet is the last you're putting in. You get the same info out of a t300 bet. He's either scared of the ace or happy with it, so find out which it is and move on to the next hand.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a 6 man sng, not a 9/10 man. playing AJ in a shorthanded game here is perfectly acceptable/standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that. I might fold ATo there simply out of laziness, but AJo is definitely playable. These things almost never come down to pushbot contests, so you have to extract value out of more marginal hands earlier on.