Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Is Online Poker becoming Rocket Science?

I played B&M poker for many years, read all the recommended books and had moderate success at times.

I have been playing online for 3 years now. I mostly did the bonus whoring thing, but occasionally read threads here on MTTs and software. I got PT and PaHUD, but never utilized them to their full potential.

Anyway, because of my increasingly poor performance in tourneys, and the fact bonus whoring has essentially gone away for US players, I have been trying to learn more about how to make money playing poker online.

I spend most of my time reading now, rather than playing. The more I read, the less I feel I know. Theoretically, I must know more today than I did yesterday, but everyday, my perception is that I am lower on the learning curve.

Each day, it seems like I find out there is some software or website that aids in decision making that I didn't know about. Right now, I estimate that it would take months just to evaluate all the "aids" I've found out about. It might take years to integrate them into my game. By that time, the science will probably have evolved to the point where a pro has to know chaos theory.

Anyway, I'm a little depressed.