Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Official Review Thread, Flettl2

Hey guys, terribly sorry that i've been really lazy about these for the last week. During the end and immediately after the WCOOP i kind of mentally checked out for a while and just zoned out. So my apologies and i'll start putting up a ton of these and getting things done proper.

Here's a $4 from flettl2, again, sorry to have kept you waiting.

Here's the link: http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HA88621/Flettl2%20HH/8550
Old 10-06-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Official Review Thread, Flettl2

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to look over my HH, I appreciate any and all feedback. What I have noticed in previous full tourny HH's like this are the following comments:
#4: fold preflop.
#56: retarded call.
#129: raise allin...

I don't mind hand for hand analysis, but if you could explain why you would play the hand differently that would be great.
I know this is a small sample of hands, but what I'd really be looking for is people to point out my leaks that occur frequently over the tounry, give examples stating the hand, and what I can do to improve on it, thanks again guys.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:22 PM

Basically my strategy is:
Beginning (M around 50): Find lots of cheap flops in position or with good implied odds (so passive, sort of loose), then in general, jam flop when get 2 pair or better. (Hand#25 I should have raised more on the flop, I'm sure there will be comments on this hand, don't see how I can call river bet he's either got straight or better kicker than mine).

Middle(M around 20): Tight aggressive

Late(M around 15-9): loose aggressive, steal, steal, steal

Whenever(M <= 8): push, first in vigorous
Old 10-06-2007, 12:31 PM

I'm gonna try to give explanations, but I'm not looking for every little thing since you have reads and I'm not watching that closely.

#19 I would probably raise AJs from the button against these habitual limpers.
#25 Raise more on the flop, I think the 1/3 pot raise is pretty ridiculous. I know you have trip 9s and want to encourage action from weaker hands, but you really need to raise much more there, at least to 150.
#68 I'd raise 54s from the button here against the open limp from the HJ...in general I think I play more hands than you, and some of that is style, but a raise from there is an easy 375 chips almost always. Neither the limper or either of the blinds are short, so you don't have to worry about getting committed with your pretty bad hand.
#69 I'd have been tempted to do the same thing from the CO with 87o, although I may not have. Those limpers are just free chips a lot of the time, so try to take it whenever you can. I brought this up now because it's not as effective in the first hour, your marginal raises will be called quite often and then people still call cbets with any piece of the flop. However, it's a great way to accumulate chips when people tighten up after the first break.
#72 I think your flop raise of the minbet may have been a bit heavy handed considering villains stack size and the texture of the flop.
#91 I like the shove, but keep in mind that by shoving A8s you turned it into a bluff (it's pretty bad against a villain's calling range,) so you can shove a huge range in that spot, including suited connectors and such that actually tend to do better against a calling range.
#104 Really don't like how you played it postflop. I probably would have gone for a CRAI on the flop, and as played I would have pushed the turn against an opponent I think could fold some of the hands they called the flop with. As played, I suppose the turn call is marginally correct as you'd have to expect to get the rest of his chips if you hit, but I really don't care for playing it that way.
#105 I think not shoving is probably correct here, as your image sucks (people will think you're on tilt) and I'm not sure you get them to fold all that often. Even so, it's pretty close, and I wouldn't be surprised if some people say it's an easy shove.
#119 I may have shoved the KK hand because you had been shoving so much lately that you may get called pretty light, but your play was fine, sorry about the tough beat.

All in all the only huge glaring mistake I thought was the KQ hand where you really seemed to not have a plan and get lost. Aside from that, the big mistake I see is you are playing your cards way more than situations, and you need to try and pay more attention and find spots where you can grab free chips regardless of your hand. There were more spots where I thought you could abuse limpers and/or take down pots than the one I pointed out, but I think you get the idea. Thanks for allowing us to review your HH!
Old 10-06-2007, 02:03 PM

Thanks for the comments Dunkman, I pretty much agree 100% with you...

#104: Your right I really had no idea what to do. His stack was huge compared to mine, so the only fold equity I think I had would have been with a CRAI on the flop. When I don't know what to do I let the pot odds determine my next move, I was being offered about 4:1 with the OESD + 2 overs on the turn, moving all in has no fold equity so I just called.

#105: I would never push here unless I actually had a hand because from what I've seen in these $4 tounry's, they assume I'm on tilt and call nearly everytime.

#119: I think my play was correct here for 2 reasons: 1) I just switched tables so people don't know that I've been pushing alot. 2) This is a perfect spot for a resteal, I'd push here alot with garbage hands because he's going to fold, but I wanted to extract max value here.

Anyways I'm going to look for more spots to take down pots regardless of my holdings, I need to punish weak limpers more thanks.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:44 PM

bump
Old 10-06-2007, 11:25 PM

Here we go . . .

Hand 19: I'd have raised this hand . . . worked out fine, but you might have picked it up. Yes, there were early position limpers, but you might have folded them.

Hand 58: I don't think I would have pushed this weak OOP with 2 players behind including a much bigger stack. It worked out ok, but I think a call would have been better.

Hand 104: You have to push this if you're going to play it at all OOP with this stack. I think this ended up being a crucial hand.

Hand 110: Given that you are going to the felt with this in any case, I might have limped this looking for a late position steal attempt to reraise AI. The PF push was fine, but you are so short now I feel like you need to gamble a bit for a double up. If the table limped around, push any non-A flop.

Hand 119: Well played . . . got exactly the result you wanted, except for the untimely river.

Overall, I didn't think you played it badly. Not a lot of great opportunities, and you generally played the short stack ok.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:22 AM

Thanks for your comments WJL, I agree with you for the most part except for hand#110: The players at this table have been limping alot, and I've been shoving, winning the pot uncontested, infact the hand right before this one I shoved and took it down. The next hand two limper's come in, and I pick up a monster. Another shove here looks weak and ppl will eventually look me up, I doubt there will be a steal late at this table, just more limpers, I either want to take the pot down now which already has 27% of my stack, or get one suspicious caller.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:46 AM

Is there anyway to change your sn for the hand viewer? I wouldn't mind posting a HH.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:08 AM

Ok, here goes....
19. raise and punish the limpers from late position
25. I raise bigger on the flop. She could be betting the 8 and I want to discourage any other callers. I make it 180 and see what kind of action we get. She seemed a little spewy to me. As played, ugly turn and she fires again. Considering you raised the flop and got two callers, I'd think one of them hit their str8 and fold. As played, you called and she fired again at the river - I probably make a crying call here.
#33 Preflop fine; Villain is the same spewy girl. Considering her play thus far, I like the flop call. Otherwise, I'd be inclined to raise. On the turn, just push - why leave yourself 65 behind. LOL at villain's river fold getting almost 300:1. She seems pretty bad.
#58 Not a hand I push here, especially in a 4/180, but it worked.
#91 I probably raise a little more since we have two limpers. Nice C-bet. Worked as advertised.
#100 J5o isn't a hand I normally steal with when a big stack is in the BB. Nicely done.