Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Is it viable to fold KK preflop against a super TAG with AA?

Im not so sure you really understand the math and reasoning behind folding KK preflop. You do realize if you incorrectly fold it vs. AK or QQ you are losing HUGE EV, right? I myself recently have had some spots with KK where in the back of my head I put a nit on Aces, but he ended up having QQ. I know isolated examples dont mean much, but like I said, every single time you incorrectly fold you are missing out huge, and at micros its so hard to put a random villian on EXACTLY ONE HAND. Folding KK preflop takes an extreme read, i.e. you have seen the guy flat call alot and NOT reraise hands like QQ and AK. If you don't have a very precise read, you better not EVER Fold KK preflop for 100bb's or less.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
See FAQ before posting please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you referring to the Villan result in the title?

Sorry. I thought it would be better for the topic, seeing as I was trying to dicuss a KK vs AA situation rarther than just a KK vs bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

This bit:

[ QUOTE ]
Q: Okay, so I raise 4xBB preflop with Kings and the player to my immediate left raises. Then another player goes all in. Do I fold?

A: Depends on the opponents. Folding Kings preflop in fear of Aces isn't a liked topic in the forum. Here are some threads that deal with the subject of Kings Vs. potential Aces.

Click here, here, and here.

Sometimes laying Kings down preflop is correct. Most of the time it is not. There is roughly a 3.4% chance, at a full table, that your Kings are up against Aces. Make a decision and go with your instinct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your question has already been asked... a lot.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude I don't mean to be a dick but there is no way that this is the only flaw in your game (or you wouldn't be in NL25).

[/ QUOTE ]

Note how I said the only evident flaw... I never said it was the only flaw, we all have flaws, but at this time and my currenlt skill level, it is the only obviously flaw I can see.

Even if it was the only flaw, what difference does it make as to what level I would be playing at. We all have to start somewhere dont we? Maybe I have just become a good player within the last few months and have worked my way from the micro-microstakes? Maybe I am very nitty when it comes to my bankroll?

People aroud here need to start being more open minded.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You see this is the kind of bad and pointless advice I am talking about.

I am not speculating as to whether or not I should be calling after I have reraised... that is obvious. I am questioning whether or not I should be re-raising in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]
This question has been asked so many times on this forum it's ridiculous. Yes, you should obviously reraise. You have the second best hand possible before the flop. What are you going to do, smooth call and then fold when 3 undercards come on the flop?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
See FAQ before posting please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you referring to the Villan result in the title?

Sorry. I thought it would be better for the topic, seeing as I was trying to dicuss a KK vs AA situation rarther than just a KK vs bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

This bit:

[ QUOTE ]
Q: Okay, so I raise 4xBB preflop with Kings and the player to my immediate left raises. Then another player goes all in. Do I fold?

A: Depends on the opponents. Folding Kings preflop in fear of Aces isn't a liked topic in the forum. Here are some threads that deal with the subject of Kings Vs. potential Aces.

Click here, here, and here.

Sometimes laying Kings down preflop is correct. Most of the time it is not. There is roughly a 3.4% chance, at a full table, that your Kings are up against Aces. Make a decision and go with your instinct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your question has already been asked... a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not asking a question as such, I am asking people to discuss with me. Isnt that the whole point of a forum? Seeing as there only a limited number of possible situations in hold'em, you could say this for every hand situation posted. The FAQ does not specify what to do against a super TAG.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not so sure you really understand the math and reasoning behind folding KK preflop. You do realize if you incorrectly fold it vs. AK or QQ you are losing HUGE EV, right? I myself recently have had some spots with KK where in the back of my head I put a nit on Aces, but he ended up having QQ. I know isolated examples dont mean much, but like I said, every single time you incorrectly fold you are missing out huge, and at micros its so hard to put a random villian on EXACTLY ONE HAND. Folding KK preflop takes an extreme read, i.e. you have seen the guy flat call alot and NOT reraise hands like QQ and AK. If you don't have a very precise read, you better not EVER Fold KK preflop for 100bb's or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm yes, I do understand that KK is better than QQ or AK.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You see this is the kind of bad and pointless advice I am talking about.

I am not speculating as to whether or not I should be calling after I have reraised... that is obvious. I am questioning whether or not I should be re-raising in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]
This question has been asked so many times on this forum it's ridiculous. Yes, you should obviously reraise. You have the second best hand possible before the flop. What are you going to do, smooth call and then fold when 3 undercards come on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir, no offence, but I think you are indeed a moron. I never said smooth calling was a good idea... did I?

And thats the thing isnt it my dear. I have the second best possible hand prelfop, so if I know the villan has the best hand possible preflop, it is correct to fold... correct me if I am wrong.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the biggest flaw in my game, so please only post with advice if you are a constant and experienced winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting money in pre-flop when you have KK isn't a flaw in your game let alone the biggest one. Stop worrying about it.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is the biggest flaw in my game, so please only post with advice if you are a constant and experienced winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting money in pre-flop when you have KK isn't a flaw in your game let alone the biggest one. Stop worrying about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. It just hurts when in a 20k sample, I could have a 30%ish greater net profit if I just folded when I thought I was up against Aces.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:29 PM

Don't fold them, and I really think 32 hands tell you how tight he is. He is probably pretty darn tight, but might have been carddead aswell.