Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 10:32 AM

Default nl$25 kk vs tight 4 bet oop

Hi, I am posting the following from work so I am doing this from memory. Villian is UTG with $23 and poker tracker stats of (8% PFR, 1.0AF, 100 hands. I am in the SB with $25 and just sat at the table last hand.

UTG raises to $.85
folds to SB who raises to $2.75
BB folds
UTG raises to $6
SB ???

I find situations like this to be the toughest spot to make money in uL games. If I 5 bet (to $15)i am only going to get played with by AA, QQ, or AK. Since I have KK Ak must be a much lower probability. Also I am not sure what frequency a tighter (<10% PFR) would 4 bet QQ or AK. From what i have noticed at these games, tighter players either call a reraise with those hands or fold and wait for a better situation. I know that 100 hands is not going to spell out how this person plays, but given the limited information is this a good spot to get it in with, or am I in a marginal situation given the range of my opponent? Am I estimating a range that is way too tight for my opponent?

The options that i considered were
1). rasing to 15
2). calling and leading on the flop for 15
3). folding
Old 07-06-2007, 10:54 AM

Default Re: nl$25 kk vs tight 4 bet oop

You really can't get away from this if you have KK. This is a standard KK vrs AA "get stacked" line. If you raise to 15 you're calling if he comes over the top of you for 8 more dollars PF. Also, if he somehow calls, you're getting it all in on the flop. If you call, you're probably going to end up shoving it all in on the flop. You just can't fold kings. Don't do it.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The options that i considered were
1). rasing to 15

[/ QUOTE ]

After that you have just 8$ behind and you're commited - I'd just push instead of raising 15.

[ QUOTE ]
2). calling and leading on the flop for 15

[/ QUOTE ]

Leading for 15$ into a 12$ pot? You're pot commited after that bet, you still lose to aces but AK can play perfectly against you now. Bad play imo.

[ QUOTE ]
3). folding

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't lay this down without a real read, imo QQ and AK (less likely) could be in his range, I call pf and c/r ai on the flop, aces still stack us but we stack queens and might get additional value from AK's c-bet.

Edit: Just pushing pf is fine too imo.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:01 AM

I never 5-bet to $15... with KK I'm shoving at this point. By only giving villain one chance throughout the hand to put his stack on the line, I think he is more likely to shove with more marginal hands like AK and QQ. (I'm playing AA the same way most of the time as well)

Villain raises to $.85
Hero raises to $2.75
Villain raises to $6
Hero - shove.