Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-14-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Interesting 15/30 river 1

this just totally sucks because i don't think one bets goes in when you have the best hand like ever. that rests on the assumption that he would fold AQ/AK/AT to a donk and also check behind those hands, which i think are fair assumptions. i guess the two exceptions are 88 and TT.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:22 AM

I bet/call. Geormiet summed it up nicely.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The danger of having AK or AQ (or even KQ which might call) check behind is too high.

[/ QUOTE ]

KQ calling a donk? i wouldn't expect that from even the softest spots in a 15/30 game. i'd also expect AK/AQ to fold...why would they call? that river is literally the single worst card in the deck for AK/AQ.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:00 AM

Id c/r.

AKQJs is a very thin and agressive value bettor.
Because the flop and turn were so low yet you just c/c and c/c pretty much screams you have Ace high on this board.
I could easily see him betting any pair for value.

He sometimes 3-bets PF with a hand like KJs/KQ or SCers and will very likely fire a 3rd barrel with those hands..

I think if you give him a semi loose 3-betting range, there are far more air/pair combinations that you beat then there are AK/AQ...
Because it also completed the flush he may not 3-bet your cr with a better hand.

66/77/88/TT/KQ/Misc(KJs,SC, super thin AK etc) I think is enough combinations to justify a check-raise.. Although its close.

Against a tighter 3-bettor Id bet/call.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:23 AM

"I think b/f is bad cuz this donk could be read as a small pair playing wa/wb."

plus i wouldn't put it past AKQTJs to have AJ here himself.

When you c/c flop c/c turn you are showing some intentions of showing down, or maybe making a good fold.

I'm w/dangerfish here and c/c the river. I don't think he pays off a c/r with a worse hand TBH and i don't open my throat when i don't think it has that much of an upside.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:46 PM

I figure we are ahead of most of villains hands. And of the hands we are behind, its player dependent how many he will raise with. But I doubt its many with the FD getting there. Villain may also bluffraise us some of the time, but thats rare.
I B/F....but it is close..
Old 10-16-2007, 05:19 PM

Results: I decided to bet/call, seemed safest, and in the heat of the moment it sprung to mind as the obvious play. I now think checkraise and fold to 3 bet is the expert play. Newhizzle's post pretty much convinced me, this guy is certainly going to value bet any pair here, and while I do believe he will pay off with AK/AQ here, he could also be spazzing out and bluff the river too. I really need to let him bet, and he will call the CR with probably any pair, my line is sort of unbelievable so I either have a jack or nothing.

I bet, he called with TT.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-17-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Id c/r.

AKQJs is a very thin and agressive value bettor.
Because the flop and turn were so low yet you just c/c and c/c pretty much screams you have Ace high on this board.
I could easily see him betting any pair for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: I saw geo's post about the danger of AK/AQ checking behind. I think AKQJTs's preflop 3-betting range is so wide that AK/AQ is a narrower possibility than it would be against a tighter player.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: I saw geo's post about the danger of AK/AQ checking behind. I think AKQJTs's preflop 3-betting range is so wide that AK/AQ is a narrower possibility than it would be against a tighter player.

[/ QUOTE ]

But he could also have AT, A8, A7s-A5s, and I guarantee he calls a river donk with those. He doesn't hopelessly 3barrel in position often. He's giving up with KQ and QTs here.