Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 05-24-2007, 01:09 AM

Default 2/4 river bluff

Villain is 24/14 with went to SD 18 in 200 hands. I would guess my image is ok to a bit LAG. Flop bet standard? Can he have AK / QQ / KK and play them this way and bet/fold river? Oh, I normally fold preflop but SB was bad.

Thanks,
DeathDonkey

No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($434.40)
SB ($219.60)
Hero ($429.80)
UTG ($735.30)
MP ($154.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $12, Hero calls $10.

Flop: ($42) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $34</font>, UTG calls $34, SB folds.

Turn: ($110) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: ($110) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $64</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $215</font>
Old 05-24-2007, 01:13 AM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Default Re: 2/4 river bluff

looks like he's valuebetting and you're not going to get credit for a hand
Old 05-24-2007, 01:42 AM

Preflop is marginal and it's hard to justify calling when the bad player in the hand is short and in bad relative position.

I'm also not a big fan of the flop bet. You're usually gonna have to follow up with a second and oftentimes a third barrel, and if you haven't worked this into your game it can become very transparent. I donkbet a lot but I'd rather check-fold or check-call than lead out on this flop.

Also I wanna add that the river check-raise doesn't make much sense and will pretty much never get a hand like TT to fold.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:43 AM

Don't like it, your line doesn't really add up and personally there are pretty much 0 hands that I play this way.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:50 AM

This hand makes no sense.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:03 AM

I like pf/flop Bet the turn again
Old 05-24-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like pf/flop Bet the turn again

[/ QUOTE ]

If I do this I'm bluffing right? I feel icky turning top pair into a bluff here, I think if I need to do that I should fold preflop for sure.

Handsome, TT should call me and if you had it you would call but this guy is 24/14 went to SD 18, do you think he'd call with TT?

I play JT, sets, one pair all this way on the flop sometimes. I'd stack a donk the sets and straight sometimes so my flop/turn shania is ok IMO. I agree on this particular board I would bet the turn with those hands though.

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-24-2007, 03:41 AM

with a real hand you would/should probably fire again on the turn. also, you shouldnt be putting him on an ace (and he probably realizes that you know its not likely for him to have one unless its AA) so this line isnt gonna get you much fold cred. it'll work better against level 1 guys/retards who bet/fold the river with any pair &lt; aces, but this guy probably isnt one.

I might fire flop and turn and c/f river (doubting that he'd riverbluff us often after we take that line)

or i might do this but c/c river instead of c/r.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:59 AM

you betting out on the flop cries I have a weak pair, I'm not a big fan of betting out and much prefer a check/call or check/raise

turn check tells him that you dont have a big hand

river C/R doesn't make sense, if he is bad enough to have AK here he is probably calling, KK/QQ bet the turn

looks like he possibly has a hand you are trying to represent like A7-A9s and hopes for some value
Old 05-24-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
with a real hand you would/should probably fire again on the turn. also, you shouldnt be putting him on an ace (and he probably realizes that you know its not likely for him to have one unless its AA) so this line isnt gonna get you much fold cred. it'll work better against level 1 guys/retards who bet/fold the river with any pair &lt; aces, but this guy probably isnt one.

I might fire flop and turn and c/f river (doubting that he'd riverbluff us often after we take that line)

or i might do this but c/c river instead of c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok thanks, I guess where I'm having a tough time is just based on this guy's stats I would expect him to be exactly that level 1 retard guy you are talking about. But everyone is saying he will see through this which I don't get, this guy is almost surely not a winning player.

I considered c/c on the river and felt it could be +EV, but felt raising was more +EV if that makes sense. Like if I called and he had TT but would have folded to a CR then I'd be a big dummy.

Ok I'll try to find a more interesting hand next time, I am still terrible at finding NL hands to post, all my threads suck.

He insta folded.

-DeathDonkey