Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Another IWTSYH; dealer resurrects mucked hand

It depends on the house, in some a hand can become live again. The power muck here is just asking for trouble, your hands have no place near the stub.

If they're in the muck, I'm not going through it to try and guess which were whose cards - I'd call a floor if someone insisted, but knowing mine I doubt it would matter. If a player asks I'll safeguard the stub, since OPs not the first person to try and power muck his hand. I hate the IWTSTH rule personally but I hate people trying to force their cards into the stub even worse.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it ever OK for my hand to be shown under these circumstances?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Every single time.

[ QUOTE ]
once mucked aren't they deader than dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead means "disqualified; no longer eligible to win". Killing a hand doesn't make it Top Secret. The cards may be fished out to be shown, but not to compete in the showdown.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It depends on the house, in some a hand can become live again. The power muck here is just asking for trouble, your hands have no place near the stub.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because a decent floorman will boot you for touching the stub.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because a decent floorman will boot you for touching the stub.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you muck your cards in such a fashion, it will make it easier for you to withhold a card and sleeve it.

Also, guys (and girls) who will sweet talk you while taking your money have a higher win rate.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remain composed but inside I'm seething.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? They're not accusing you of cheating. You're the one interpreting their request that way. You don't want them to see that you were in the lead when you bet? What harm could that do?

It makes no sense to me why people who claim to be smart about poker get upset by this. It's not just you, we see posts all the time about people getting upset over IWTSTH. Why does it bother you? That's -EV. Move past it, you'll be happier.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:54 PM

I wasn't mad at the players who asked; they weren't very good and to be honest I don't think they'd gain a lot from seeing my hand. I knew they weren't accusing me of cheating and just wanted to see what I had. They probably don't even know that it's bad etiquette, but I'd prefer to explain that as we get on to the next hand. There was one good player at the table who'd I'd prefer not see my hand and my range 'cause I know he's a regular and I'll see him again. At any rate the 9 times outta 10 that UTG doesn't hit the 4 outer they'll see my hand anyway.

Now I *was* PO'd at the dealer, but it looks like I was in the wrong for sliding my hand in to the muck. Lesson learned.