Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 05:14 AM

Default 10NL FD+2nd Pair vs LAG

Ok, so heres a hand where im really not sure if im spewing or made a decent play. Thoughts on turn in particular? Bad call - maybe raise more or just get rid of it? Villain is button, abt 40/20/3ish and has generally been running over table (mostly TAGs).

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $15.70
Hero (SB): $10.50
BB: $3.15
UTG: $7.15
CO: $7.70

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: ($0.40) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $0.60</font>, Hero calls $0.60, 2 folds

Turn: ($1.60) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $1.90</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.80</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $15 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $5 and is All-In

Edited results out -ama
Old 10-29-2007, 05:42 AM

Default Re: 10NL FD+2nd Pair vs LAG

not sure why you showed results

fold on the flop, turn is def spew a call here is marginal
Old 10-29-2007, 05:52 AM

whats his range here? and after turn?
Old 10-29-2007, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whats his range here? and after turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

his range here is huge he could have anything from a set to top two to tpgk to 2ndpgk to oesd/gutshot to bluff... this is why you need to fold the flop. theres no reason to get involved in the pot like this with such a marginal hand.

on turn his leading range doesnt change much b/c you have shown total weakness so far. his 3 bet when you are essentially committed means you are definitely beat probably up against J 10 or 33
Old 10-29-2007, 06:09 AM

thanks for the replies,

that was my single biggest loss so far, ewww.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:11 AM

if this is your biggest loss you must be doing something right. remember theres no need to be a hero and just give up your BB in a pot like this w/o a 100% read
Old 10-29-2007, 06:51 AM

ya turn is spew, your in the SB with a very mediocre hand... if your going to play T7, play it from the button... suited connectors and non-suited connectors have no business being played from anywhere except the button (they dont play well OOP).

Also your only going to be wanting to play your best hands from the BB/SB such as AJs+, AQo+, 22+
Old 10-29-2007, 07:04 AM

Last week I read a post in SSNL sticky about the odds of flopping something useful (=strong draw or strong made hand) with speculative type of hands. Results are

SC's: 25% of the time
S1G's: 23%
S2G's: 18%
USC: 17%
Axs: 17%

So you see in only 18% of the cases you will flop something useful with your suited 2 gapper. That is: OESD, FD, 2 pair, full house etc. Here you got the odds to call, but remember what why you called. For the potential it had. This flop isn't realizing that potential, so it's a clear c/f.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the replies,

that was my single biggest loss so far, ewww.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have never lost a buy-in before?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if this is your biggest loss you must be doing something right. remember theres no need to be a hero and just give up your BB in a pot like this w/o a 100% read

[/ QUOTE ]

ha, well smallish sample in NL. I still call down too often w/TP against LAGs and I can see this is where the majority of my losses are coming from. I guess this hand is related to that, and realizing that, I suppose, is a start.

[ QUOTE ]
you have never lost a buy in before?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I have indeed! I've even lost several buy ins in a row!

I usually buy-in short ($4 at this level) as that is what I am comfortable with and where I feel I play best.

[ QUOTE ]
Last week I read a post in SSNL sticky about the odds of flopping something useful (=strong draw or strong made hand) with speculative type of hands. Results are

SC's: 25% of the time
S1G's: 23%
S2G's: 18%
USC: 17%
Axs: 17%

So you see in only 18% of the cases you will flop something useful with your suited 2 gapper. That is: OESD, FD, 2 pair, full house etc. Here you got the odds to call, but remember what why you called. For the potential it had. This flop isn't realizing that potential, so it's a clear c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I was alittle over anxious to play back at Villain. He'd been on abit of a rush, and wasn't getting alot of resistance from the table at this point. I really should have looked for a better spot though.

Thanks for the replies guys!