Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2007, 04:36 AM

Default Re: The Bobbo\'s Predictions

cavs should beat the rapts. who knows if they will show up tho. should be an entertaining series.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:55 AM

I really believe that, In Miami's case, you can't wait for the playoffs to play playoff basketball.. I don't think the magic light is just going to switch to "On" mode.. Not saying they can't beat the Bulls, cuz Heat haven't been 100% all season.. but I dunno if, as a team, you can go from playing mediocre as a unit to beating a pretty good Bulls squad.

My picks:

EAST:

(1) Det > (8) Orlando. 4-1
(2) Cleveland > (7) Washington. 4-0
(3) Raptors > (6) Nets. 4-2
(5) Bulls > (4) Heat. 4-3

First 2 seeds = might as well give them a bye.. Cle/Washington will be the most lop-sided. Orlando might take one game only if Detroit gets bored.. it's hard to sweep a team. My beloved Raptors are facing the Nets in a matchup that is made for television and the media. The ACC will be a madhouse, and Raps fans will get their vindication. Bulls/Heat, most highly contested 1st round match-up in the East. Bulls gave them a decent run last year w/o home, with a worse team, and with a better Miami team.. now Bulls have everything in their favor, Bulls take it.

Rd.2:
Cleveland > Toronto in 7
Det > Chicago in 7 games

I hope this doesn't hold true as a Raps fan, but they first have to prove they can win on the road, something they haven't done yet.. Detroit and Chicago, Ben vs. former team.. Detroit is the cream of the crop in the East, but the gap has narrowed considerably compared to their Finals runs. Detroit back to the EC finals behind the Palace crowd. Both of these series will exemplify why you play for home in the regular season.

EC Finals:

Detroit > Cavs in 6.

Bron has to wait until Detroit dismantles a bit or Cleveland gets one or two more pieces before going to the Finals. (and Miami's getting older) Cavs enjoy the easiest road to the conference finals of any team, but find that they're playing much tougher competition.

------------------------------------
WEST:

(1) Dallas > (8) GS. 4-2
(2) Suns > (7) Lakers. 4-1
(3) Spurs > (6) Nuggets. 4-1
(5) Rockets > (4) Jazz. 4-3

I give GS 2 games cuz they're a great home squad, and have played Dallas well the past 2 seasons. Suns and Spurs shouldn't have much of a problem, they breeze through. Rockets and Jazz is a tossup for me, Jazz are deep and have all the tools, Rockets are really well-coached and have two of the best players in the league.. I think when it comes down to the end, they'll have more players to make plays.. I give Rockets edge with the home advantage in what should be one of the best series of the first round.

Rd. 2

Dallas > Rockets in 6.
Spurs > Suns in 6.

Dallas has no answer for Yao Ming victimizing their bigs, but Rockets run out of gas after an exhausting first round match. I want Nash to win a championship, but i'll go with the popular vote.

WC Finals

Spurs > Dallas in 7.

Spurs get revenge for last year, shocking the 20K Dallas fans on their home floor.

FINALS:

Spurs > Det in 6.

Spurs win in another classic installment of one of the most boring matchups in NBA Finals history.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

FINALS:

Spurs > Det in 6.

Spurs win in another classic installment of one of the most boring matchups in NBA Finals history.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh, defense wins championships? (QFT tho, of course)
Old 04-19-2007, 07:01 AM

GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raptors (3) vs Cavs (2)
I'd love to say the Raptors will move on to the ECF, but they wont. They're dont have a shutdown answer for Lebron. (BTW, Raptors fans, who will draw that defensive assignment?) Im interested as well if they stick Z on Bosh or whatnot. Any case, I love Lebron, I dont love his teammates, but it's a testament to how good he is and the somewhat easy draw they have to say they will move on to the ECF. Cavs win 4-1, even though Larry Hughes is a huge fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anthony Parker. He'll hold his own too.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:09 AM

Golden State won't win that series in a million years. I watched Golden State struggle at times with Portland's JV squad last night in a game that meant everything to them.

I don't understand the delusion. ???
Old 04-19-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Golden State won't win that series in a million years. I watched Golden State struggle at times with Portland's JV squad last night in a game that meant everything to them.

I don't understand the delusion. ???

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh, were we watching the same game? I saw one where GS led by 17 immediately and ~20 the whole game. not win that series in a million years? lol.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:32 AM

I'm getting very, very tired of the media's love affair with the Heat. I know, they luckboxed a championship last year. But have the 5th best record in the East this year! Wade is hurt, Shaq is old, everyone else blows. They are 18th in Hollinger rank, and that sounds about right. Unless the refs decide to give Wade another ring they are out in the first round.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interestingly though, I think either the Heat will sweep 4-0 or it will go 7 games with the Bulls pulling through

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain this.

-McGee
Old 04-19-2007, 11:37 AM

East

Detroit in 4 over Orlando
Cleveland in 4 over Washington
Toronto in 5 over New Jersey
Miami in 7 over Bulls

Rd 2
Detroit in 7 over Miami