Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Buffy Season Two - maybe spoilers

[ QUOTE ]
However, once things got going with Wesley the demon hunter arriving (haha) and Cordy it really came good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] cordy (hence my avatar). I didn't like her that much in Buffy (and also first seasonish of Angel) but after that she became quite a character.

Also I didn't really like the puppet episode but I guess some would find it funny [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

edit:

"The 5th season episode "A Hole in the World" is up there as one of the most moving TV series episodes I've ever seen."

I don't remember which season or anything but I remember atleast a couple episodes of Buffy that were very emotional. I don't wanna spoil too much about them in here though. "A hole in the world" was definitely up there too, yes
Old 10-03-2006, 11:10 AM

Mmm yeah nice avatar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Obviously we weren't meant to like her much in Buffy but I did like her overall arc.

I know what you mean about the puppet episode, it wasn't one of the best, but overall I really liked that they took big chances with episodes and went for something really different. As they did with Buffy really, but they seemed to go really leftfield more often in Angel and I always appreciated the effort even if it didn't quite work.

You're right about some severely moving episodes of Buffy as well, there were plenty. Obviously "The Body" from season 5 is a real standout. Say no more obviously to avoid the spoilers.

I listened to the commentary for "A Hole in the World" and the cast and crew were all emotional wrecks during and after one day of filming, they all found it incredibly hard. Great stuff, come back to TV Joss! Serenity was good but not great and I have my doubts about Wonder Woman as a classic movie.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:23 PM

Season 3 is even better, but it's all downhill from there (later years have some great individual episodes, but the overall story arcs aren't as engaging).

Seasons 2 & 3 of Buffy are probably the best two back to back seasons by any TV show.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Season 3 is even better, but it's all downhill from there (later years have some great individual episodes, but the overall story arcs aren't as engaging).

[/ QUOTE ]
While I agree that season 3 is the best, I think that "all downhill" is a bit too strong. Season 5 e.g. is very good, just a lot darker than any of the previous seasons.

Also, I think Angel is just as good a show if you watch it all...apart from season 4, not a big fan (due to various reasons, won't spoil here).
Old 10-09-2006, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
buffy over sopranos? please, get real...maybe if you're a 14 year old kid who masturbates to sarah michelle gellar, otherwise, just no.

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly either haven't seen the show or are not very intelligent. I would have been in the same boat as you before I started watching it. Season one was okay, season two is a masterpiece. Trust me.

I'm not saying it's better than early Sopranos, but it reaches close to that level.

[/ QUOTE ]

From a 39 year old guy who loves the Sopranos, the Buffy series is more consistent from beginning to end. There's a lot to love about Buffy the character and the show for all ages.

OP, seasons 2 and 3 I suppose would be the "classic" Buffy, but the show never "goes down hill". You might want to check out this site: http://atpobtvs.com/ WARNING, be careful to stick to the shows you've already seen and be careful of the clicking on links or you may inadvertenly come by a spoiler. As for Angel, whether you like it or not, you'll want to watch it just to see how some of the Buffy characters end up....Man I feel gay...Tony Soprano and John McClane Rock!
Old 10-09-2006, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They just get better IMO. Best season is either 6 or 7(7 = last)

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, season 7 is awful.

i've been thinking about trying to figure out my favorite season of any show i've watched, and i think that buffy 2 is probably #1.

c
Old 10-09-2006, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
While I agree that season 3 is the best, I think that "all downhill" is a bit too strong. Season 5 e.g. is very good, just a lot darker than any of the previous seasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I hated season 5 when it was first on, but now it's my favorite season (even though the actress who plays "Glory" is AWFUL). The last episode of the season is easily one of the best episodes they ever did.

The show completely changed in seasons 5-7 by getting darker and more serious. I think that if most people who hated these seasons initially gave them another shot, they might change their minds.

My wife and I own all seven seasons on dvd. Man, I am a huge Super-dork.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They just get better IMO. Best season is either 6 or 7(7 = last)

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, season 7 is awful.

i've been thinking about trying to figure out my favorite season of any show i've watched, and i think that buffy 2 is probably #1.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. That's the reason I made the thread, I was totally blown away. I really might have to put it above Sopranos S1/S2.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, so do I/my gf. But do you own the collector's limited edition set?

I almost cried for joy when I got it for Christmas. Haha, how's that for giant dorkiness [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2006, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, so do I/my gf. But do you own the collector's limited edition set?

I almost cried for joy when I got it for Christmas. Haha, how's that for giant dorkiness [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

COLLECTOR'S LIMITED EDITION? You son of a ... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

vnh, sir.