Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Playing overcards on the flop

[ QUOTE ]
First to all the "LOL" responders I'm glad I was able to offer some comic releif. Granted that my reasoning was flawed and I didn't acount for the pod odds correctly but a simple indication would have sufficed. Being new to the game it takes time to learn and I had thought posting hands played badly was one of the recommended ways to get educated.

For those who did respond without the pot shots thanks. I really appreciate the feedback.

Luke to answer your question - I did not have many reads on BB but had the impression he was very loose. I figured he could have donked with Ace rag trying to bluff and I reasoned in the split moment that 7 to 1 from the pot was enough to call. In hindsight this does conflict with my early assumption he paired the board and therefore I should have folded. Second guessing myself in this spot is probably my problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of the LOL posters were just giving you some tough love. Sometimes you need a bit of thick skin around here, but realize that even a post like Tyler's has the intent of constructive feedback even if it's buried under the brash sarcasm.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The river decision is the easiest in the hand. BB lead flop which can be a draw or a made hand. BB leads river after you checked behind the turn. THIS is almost ALWAYS a made hand. Even if he was betting a draw on the flop, all draws got there and have you beat. Clubs made it, 45 now has trips. Medium pocket pairs have you beat... everything here has you beat. Even if you win this pot one in 50 times (and that's being extremely generous), you still need to fold. Your flop raise represented that you could be something like A9, but BB still leads river when the scariest possible card hit. Fold river.

BTW, I just call flop donk, and fold turn UI.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Playing overcards on the flop

I'd peel this flop and fold the turn unimproved.